Friday, August 26, 2022

An Orchard of Awesome: Some Old, Some New, but All for You (and, Okay, Also Me)




It's true.  Of the nine handmade, cherry-themed accessories featured throughout this post, I made four in the past couple of weeks and five in the past couple of years.  There's a cherry pie in it for anyone who can guess which is which.  Just kidding; anything baked by me is more punishment than prize.  

Tights: Poof, Boscov's

Top: Gypsies and Moondust, Macy's

Cherry Charm Necklace

Skirt: Tinseltown, Macy's

Bag: Royal Monk, Modcloth; Pink bangle: Target; Red bangle: B Fabulous; Black bangle: Mixit, JCPenney; Red rhinestone bangle: XOXO, ROSS; Pink bracelet: Amrita Singh, Zulily; Rose brooch: JCPenney

Skirt: Tinseltown, Macy's

Bag: Olivia Miller, Amazon; Sunglasses: Zulily; Barrettes: SHEIN; Black bangle: Mixit, JCPenney; Yellow bangle: B Fabulous; Maroon bangle: Iris Apfel for INC, Macy's

Tank: Eyeshadow, Macy's



Shoes: Jessica Simpson Collection, DSW

Top: Kingston Grey, Macy's

Skirt: Alythea, Modcloth

Bag: Xhilaration, Target; Bow barrette: Carole, JCPenney; Ring: Making Waves, Ocean City NJ; Love bangle: Boscov's

Shoes: Penny Loves Kenny, DSW

Top: Bongo, Sears

Headband: New York & Company

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Modcloth

Skirt: POPSUGAR, Kohl's

Top: Candie's, Kohl's

Polka dot and striped bangles: Mixit, JCPenney; Sunglasses: Wild Fable, Target; Purse charm: Carole, JCPenney

Bag: Skinnydip London, Macy's

Fabulous Felt Cherry Pie Barrette

Speaking of prizes (as we just were), earlier this summer, I finally tracked down that elusive Revlon cherry lip gloss at CVS.  It was my reward for going to the gyno.  Still unopened and pristine, some may say that it's the cherry on top of my ensemble sundaes.  Then again, some may say something else.

Fabric: Hobby Lobby

Moving on to actual cherries! 


I purchased these from a grocery store instead of a stand, and they ended up looking better than they tasted.  But then, you can never depend on produce.  Which is why I prefer to get my fruit fix from flip flops:

Flip flops: Katy Perry Collection, Nordstrom Rack

Inedible cherries never go bad.

Or give you diabetes from collateral Cool Whip.

14 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

So many creative outfits in this post.. I especially am a sucker for black and white checks and of black with red. I also love the pink tights under the jeans skirt- great look. It's amazing how your found so many cherry themed prints. My mom used to have a cotton tablecloth with a cherry print and curtains to match. I wish I still had them!!

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

OMG I like your cherry collection so much. You have so many interesting items and my favorite are necklace and bag. They are so cool and such a statement.

camdandusler said...

Nice details :) thanks for your sharing...

ellie said...

Love the Cherry Themed post! Such delightful creations you've made! Awesome necklaces too. Adoring the cherry skirt. What a great idea! The yellow bag reminds me of CD container I have. And it still has all the mixes in it.🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒 Thanks so much for reading and your comment. Yes, there is more about Jay..=)! And the mystery. He has a way of just opening up more memories..I'm afraid..=) Oh, you are so inspiring! Thank you for your comments. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. If only it could feel more like fall! But it isn't as hot as it was.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, so glorious! You have been busy! Love the Cherry items! I hope they are great sellers! Such cool brooches and more! Love the extras with the shades, bangles and of course sandals! Yummy cherry attire. Wonderful to see! And great hairdos too!🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒 Oh, I'm glad you liked the "Cat" story. I'm glad somebody could "get" it! I just couldn't help myself. Doesn't everyone need a Weezer around? Although, I did look at various ideas, but I'm glad I went with this one. What is really funny, when you drive over the bridge coming from Iowa, the first sign you see coming in to our little city. NEBRASKA THE GOOD LIFE. Although, many will say, you need to go to Iowa for the good stuff.

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, you are so inspiring! More cherries, please! Lovely items you have made. So great to see them! And I love the fabrics in your outfits! Such a masterpiece of a skirt from MODCLOTH! Great to see your Cherry Wardrobe🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒 Adoring those last pair of sandals too!🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒 Thanks for reading the posts this week and comments. Although, I feel I am lagging behind. Hopefully, I will get some writing done this weekend. Thank you so much for being here. You are always so inspiring! I hope you are gearing up for some September reads too!

Hollyn'Stevie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cherry theme. I just want to run out and by something! Adoring the Cherry Pie brooch too! I am sure it's a best seller! Such fun pieces for your wardrobe. You have such wonderful combinations! Love the tops and skirts! 🍒❤️🍒❤️🍒 Thanks for reading and keeping up with Stevie and Holly and of course, the others too! thanks for your comments!

Better Left Unsaid said...

Such a fun post! Why didn't I think of this! So love the CHERRIES! I am certain they are trending. I even saw a Cherry Polo Dress at Forever21! Awesome post! Wonderful creativity you have! Lovely inspirations. And such great finds!🍒🍒🍒🍒❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Oh, it was fun having a little showdown with Cara and Andrew. Of course, this might make or break Jody and Aaron. Naturally, Cara might be the worst. Maybe not. Thanks for reading and your comments!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love the cherry image and there is some real eye candy here. That purse! The necklace! All wonderful. You must have a blast shopping. The fabric would make a perfect tablecloth for the summer. Next summer I should start looking around for cherry fabric. You have inspired me.

Samantha said...

Cherries make for the cutest fashion statement, and you prove it in all of these outfits!!! I adore all of them; I also adore the dessert barrettes (especially that cherry cheesecake one!) The Black Cherry Blossom Barrette is so striking - the white blossom behind the cherries is an amazing statement! Your emoji purses are so cute, and so is your cherry purse; the Cherry Pie Barrette looks so fabulous on your ponytail! Lastly, I'm glad you found the elusive Revlon lipgloss, and the cherries make for the perfect photo op (even if they didn't taste as good as you hoped)! And those flip flops are the cutest little things, ever!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Oh, those cherries! So lovely! Such a great post! I finally posted something. I even made a new header. Although, it could be better..

Hope these August days are full of fun and sweet things!

ellie said...

Thanks so much for your comment..oh, the ups and downs of Jay. Maybe there is hope for Lindy after all..if he doesn't give up. And I'm glad you have such inspiring posts ❤️💕🍒🌟 Thanks for reading. Thanks so much for commenting too!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Thank you so much about your comment about Alex. When I think of that someone and how I dunno if THEY will ever be happy. I feel this person might be his/here enemy. Of course, He/She has had suitors as well, but it seems it's like dust in the wind after a time out or two. This might be best. I dunno.

Thanks for reading and commenting. It might be a difficult story for some to read who have to translate it. Or it might be difficult just because.

Ivy's Closet said...

Thank so much for your comments. The Mick Jagger short is actually based on a patron who came in late one night. He is truly a sad sod of a tale. Sometimes, when you a library clerk you are like a literary bartender. I hear a lot stories. 🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒 I do love cherries! Something about having a cherry sweater, cherry skirt, even a cherry pillow is special. It truly makes one smile!