Monday, August 22, 2022

Bric-a-Brac Snacks




Taking so many pictures of my crafts, clothes, and accessories has trained my eye to snap -- well, almost everything.  Which is how I got these pics of my makeup tray, the great outdoors, and books in my dining room.  Besides being cute and colorful (I can say that about my own stuff, right?), they also show some changes that I've made during the quarantine.  

For starters, my makeup collection (and I know I've mentioned this before) used to consist of just the essentials.  But having more time for face painting made me realize that I could -- and should! -- include more colors.  Plus, the extra products make for a cheerful presentation against the yellow tray. 

As for the hardbacks on my china cabinet, they came from the overflow in the living room.  Finding homes for all my books remains a challenge, so I feel psyched whenever I can cram them in some up-to-now-overlooked place.  Then again, I always wanted to have books in every room of the house.  So here's to living that dream!  

And finally, the middle pic . . . yeah, that was a barrette shot reject.  Or so I thought.  But the trees and sky were so striking that I decided to use it somewhere else.  

And it turns out that that somewhere is this island of misfit joys.     

9 comments:

Lovely said...

The palettes look cool. Have a great day!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

camdandusler said...

Thanks for your sharing :) have a lovely week...

ellie said...

Oh, so many cool makeups! Great to get creative. Even from stacking books to stashing books. So colorful ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Oh, I still feel I am in library weekend hangover mode. Last night was going to be so quiet and then I met a wanna-be homeschooler with a daughter named Arizona. It took all 3 of us to wait on her and then she lost the kid's new library card before she left and her home school manual. >>>>>but weather wise a beautiful start of the week >>>>>>> Oh, it's hard to say if Gage will let Poppy in. But who knows..it's only August. And Mercer and Cade might have fallen in to hate, but there is always Brooklyn.

Cherry Blossoms said...

We learn so much from our creativeness. Yes, usually trial and error many times for me. Some awesome places for books! What I should do is get rid of my DVDs. But still, I do have a stash that is precious to me. Awesome post!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, I wish I would do this with my makeups but I have them in all sorts of places. Usually, I have them in a makeup bag in various bags. Yes, I have multiple bags. No wonder, I can't keep up with anything. You are very inspiring!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Thanks for your comments. Thanks for inspiring my collages too! It's always fun to see what I can make the most of! Really, I feel Tristan is trying to do just on his own. And sometimes, people push others away for that to happen. Although, he does have Nic. It's always interesting to see other people's perspectives of the individual too.

The Book Group said...

You are so inspiring. Yes, I need to get my books in order. I have some in bookcases. It's always handy that way. I used to have them sorted, but somehow they aren't all where they are supposed to be. Oh, you do have some great photos. I do love the one with the green tree, too.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธThanks for being here and thanks for your comments. I hope all is good this August. Thanks for the inspiration too ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค

Samantha said...

These shots are so cool!! Firstly, the makeup tray makes for a really awesome backdrop for your makeup, as you mentioned. The colors are striking! The middle pic for some reason makes me think of one of those obscure photos you'd find in a '90s alternative rock CD booklet and you're left wondering what it is, and that makes it all the more fascinating. Last but certainly not least, the bookshelf pic is so pretty with all those lines of colors!!! Cheers to living the dream. :)

Kinga K. said...

Cool makeup stuff <3

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, some of my favorite makeups! Such a fun post! Great shots!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thanks so much for your comments. Thanks for inspiring the collages too! I even surprise myself at some of those little stories I come up with. There are some couples who live with someone who won't get the vaccine. As time goes on, I wonder if it will be a make or break of a relationship. Possibly or possibly not. Hope you are getting in some good reading and creative adventures!