Thursday, August 11, 2022

Patch Match: Make Mine Melon

Red clutch: Target; Sunglasses bag: Luv Betsey, Macy's Backstage; Print cosmetics bag: Clinique; Slice cosmetic bag: Lancome; Straw bag: H&M; Wristlet: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Tee: Pink Rose, Marshalls


Tee: Disney, Macy's



Now that we're deep into the dog days of summer, it's time for rind finds!  For few things other than a watermelon can quench the thirst that comes with sky-high humidity.  So I pulled out my juicy jumble of watermelon-themed paraphernalia and curated it here for your (and okay, my) viewing pleasure.  Not surprisingly, I have more watermelon slice style bags than anything else.  But I also have a book called Watermelon, which I nearly forgot about.  Published in 1995, it's both Marian Keyes' debut and the first installment in her Walsh sisters series.  The watermelon in question?  Claire Walsh's baby bump!  It's fun, it's sad, it's sweet, it's tart -- not unlike a watermelon and goat cheese salad.  Which is to say, I highly recommend it.  

Sadly, I cannot say the same for the goat cheese. 

11 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Nothing is like watermelon in the heat of the summer. I love it.. Your watermelon themed accessories and clothing is fun ! I don't think I own anything with watermelons on it! Something to think about! Wait- I think I have a dishtowel with watermelon slices on it..

Kinga K. said...

Cute watermelons :D

ellie said...

Oh, such a great August theme! How fun! I haven't read Keyes in so long. Love these bags! Such a sweet post πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰ I have my crocheted watermelon hat. Love the post! Happy Friday!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, this makes me want watermelon! So love the bags! You really have quite a selection. Such summer fun!πŸ‰πŸ’•πŸŒΈπŸ‰πŸ’•πŸŒΈ Thanks so much for your comments. Yes, I guess I have a place in my heart for Johnny Flynn. A very talented fellow and yet one feels like his soundtrack is perfect for autumn.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, I couldn't believe it when I saw Marion Keyes book! Oh my! Lovely, watermelon accessories! Definitely that dog days of summer feel! Awesome Friday post!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thanks for your comments! Well, I have been searching for "Jade" on Dollz Kill and as much as I love her great outfits, they all seem to point that she might have be the ganja queen. And I'm not a fan of some of those hairstyles so I might possibly have to find someone from Forever 21. I was so in hopes I might find her there since I have spotted "Liv" on Dollz Kill. Meanwhile though..Alex on the other hand..some inspiration, for sure.

Better Left Unsaid said...

Such wonderful Watermelon shirts! I finally got a black tee with a knot in it. I would love to figure out how to do this with a lot of tees that I have. Also I need to do some summer cleaning. Oh, I'm just thinking about it, of course...hahaha....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanks for your comments. Happy August. Thanks so much for your inspiration!

camdandusler said...

Thanks for your sharing...

Jewel Divas Style said...

Never tried goat cheese, and certainly wouldn't with watermelon. I also have no idea the last time I had watermelon...

Samantha said...

Juicy watermelon is thirst-quenching, indeed!! And your display of all-things-watermelon is so awesome. I especially love the first photo with everything all together! The Minnie Mouse silhouette top is adorable, and cool tie-in with the book and the card. Humidity sure is heavy stuff (we had high humidity here last week) - thanks for the watermelon eye-feast! :)

Hollyn'Stevie said...

Oh, such watermelon sugar! Yummy fabrics for summer! It's getting humid again. And HOT. Hope you are having a good weekend. πŸ‰πŸŒΈπŸ’—

ellie said...

I hope you are having a good weekend. I have been very lazy today, yet I did work a whole lot on 'contests' which I know I should have been writing, instead. Hopefully, I can keep it all on schedule. Maybe... I have been listening to people mainly people I have worked with about these unexpected things with COVID. Like a cough out of nowhere. And of course, someone told me they were doing aromatherapy twice a day hoping to get their smell back.

Hopefully, Watermelon has came down in price. It's getting pretty steep even here to buy watermelon. Oh, lets just listen to Harry sing Watermelon Sugar πŸ‰