Friday, March 20, 2020

Butterflies and Botany and Beads You Can Eat Without Choking



 Boho Butterfly Necklace, Sparkly Saguaro Bracelet

Top: Mudd, Kohl's
Jeans: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's
Boots: Penny Loves Kenny, Amazon
Bags: Charming Charlie
Bangles: Iris Apfel for INC, Macy's


Butterflies are the best.  And botany isn't bad either.  Especially when it comes to cacti!  That said, on this first weekend of spring, I'm making the most of both in this Boho Butterfly Necklace and Sparkly Saguaro Bracelet.  I love the way their jewel tones look against my yellow tee.  You can't tell from the picture, but it's made of a waffle weave.  It brings me right back to the '90s, a.k.a. the decade when thermals-slash-long johns became cool.  Or maybe I should say cozy.

Speaking of which, the tee's color reminds me more of Kozy Shack tapioca (in sensibility if not exact shade) than a weighty carb at the breakfast buffet.


Maybe that's because I really like tapioca.  It's got those sweet, bead-like globes that burst on your tongue.  Like dessert caviar or unburned creme brulee.  It makes me think of school lunches (not mine, but someone's) and snack time at the senior center.

By the way, the lifespan of a monarch is measured in months, whereas the saguaro can live for one hundred and fifty years.  The monarch is delicate and fleeting; the saguaro is sturdy and steady.  We humans never know for sure which camp we fall into, or how much time we have left.  Not knowing puts things in perspective, reminding us to savor each second.  And each spoonful of pudding.

Long live your snack shack, big K.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

The title of this post is awesome, haha! The butterfly necklace is stunning and I like the info you provided about the contrast between the monarch and the saguaro. "Not knowing puts things in perspective, reminding us to savor each second. And each spoonful of pudding." - Very true and deep! I need to try tapioca because now I'm curious!