Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Chandelier Cheer but Not Really; Also, Two Pastel Sweaters


Make no mistake.  The cheer is real.  It's the chandelier part that's in question.  And that's because only one pair of this post's earrings qualify for the ceiling decoration descriptor.

On a less glamorous note, the word "earring" reminds me of "earwig."  Which is a funny word that would be even funnier if it actually meant coiffure for the cartilage.

People talk about cartilage when they talk about ears, don't they?  I thought about that as I drew this ear.  I even outlined it in black Sharpie, no windows cracked.  Because when it comes to creating quality images, breathing is secondary.

You may recall that I don't wear earrings.  But I do enjoy making them.  I think that they're one of the daintiest yet most statement-making accessories that a woman can wear, and because of that they wield a lot of power.  Also, they detract from ear hair.


Charlie Plain Chain Earrings 


And now for something I will wear: this pair of necklaces and contrasting spring sweaters.  


Purple sweater: American Rag, Kohl's; Mint (although it looks white) sweater: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

I call the pink necklace Piece Offering, and I don't call the other one anything.  One day when I'm doing something mundane like killing a spider, the right name might come to me.  Something like Erstwhile Earwig.

Turns out that wasn't a spider.   

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Love your ear drawing!! It's a happy, cheerful ear. I love all the earrings you made - I love how the Rebecca earrings are like a series but with different colors! The hot pink heels on the peace sign necklace are so cute! Each necklace pops against the backdrop of the two sweaters; I really love the pink-to-purple gradient one! (P.S. - Erstwhile Earwig is an awesome name).