Friday, June 26, 2020

Frights of Fancy: Up in the Hair

 Top: Burlington Coat Factory; Bag: Sleepyville Critters, Zulily




People of the internet, I present to you airheads.  Not the Brendan Fraser movie or the candy or even the gum-snapping ditz who topped your hot fudge sundae with a jalapeno popper instead of a cherry.  I'm talking about these felt barrettes featuring stuff from the sky.  We've got an umbrella, a cluster of balloons, and that Mary Poppins-pleasing classic, a kite.  Or, as I like to think of them, "Under My Umbrella," "99 Red Balloons," and "Let's Go Fly a Kite."  Of the barrettes, the umbrella is my favorite.  Of the songs, it's "99 Red Balloons."   

Speaking of balloons, here's an airborne accessory that I didn't make, worn with something I already posted:

Sweater: Jeanne Pierre, Marshalls; Blouse: Marshalls; Brooch: Napier, Kohl's

I like the looks of hot air balloons (obvi, as my Sleepyille Critters bag is a regular here), but I don't think I'd like to go up in one.  Too dangerous, what with all those angry birds and thunderstorms crashing in out of nowhere.  Instead of being up in the air, I'd rather have balloons up in my hair.  I think Up in the Air alum George Clooney would agree.  Not just because his jet-setting life in that flick made him so unhappy.  But because barrettes would've looked bouffant beautiful in his big Booker hair from "Roseanne." 

That said, the next time you're under an umbrella while also holding a balloon and flying a kite, I hope that you and your 'do have rollicking follicle of a good time.  

And also, that there's no lightning.  Or angry birds.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh how cute these are!! I love the airborne theme here. 😃 I really like how you added bows to the kite string! The colors of each barrette really pop against the turquoise felt. The blue blouse looks stunning against the yellow sweater and that brooch is adorable! "Instead of being up in the air, I'd rather have balloons up in my hair." Totally agree!!

Kinga K. said...

Nice design ♥

Jewel Divas Style said...

Love a good brooch and I think I have a hot air balloon somewhere.