Sunday, February 7, 2021

Painted Pony Party

Boots: Penny Loves Kenny, Amazon

Palette Party Necklace

Top: POPSUGAR, Kohl's

Paint Party Earrings

Sweater: Hooked Up, Macy's

Jacket: Delia's, Dolls Kill


Purse: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Hey You Unicorn Necklace

Jacket: Marshalls


Skirt: Arizona Jeans, JCPenney


A painted pony party
Is the place to be
When you're still quarantining 
With your Christmas tree.

It's true.  I still have my tree up, along with the rest of my holiday hoopla.  Still, all I want to do is make jewelry and write posts.  And when I say jewelry, I mean the kind incorporating unicorns.

Girls have a history of being infatuated with horses, enchanted or otherwise.  On a recent episode of Young Sheldon, Sheldon's (Iain Armitage) twin sister Missy (Raegan Revord) supports the stereotype when she says this about her supplies for starting middle school: 

"I feel like this (Trapper Keeper) really says who I am now.  Missy got ponies; Melissa gets horses."

If shifting one's affections from ponies to horses is a rite of passage, then I'm not sure where unicorns fit in.  But I do know that at some point during adulthood, liking them once again becomes acceptable, in a campy/kooky/I'm-so-old-I'm-young-again sort of way.  Which is why I have no problem saying that I love them -- and that they're made of magic.  Well, magic and manure.  Even if the manure is, according to that Squatty Potty promo, in the form of rainbow-colored soft serve.  Here's some of my (non-manure spouting) unicorn stuff staged with my new Hey You Unicorn necklace and earrings:   


It kind of makes you want to step inside a Lisa Frank coloring book and stay there forever, doesn't it?

Yet, despite the wonder of unicorns and all things giddyap glam, the rodeo will never be Rodeo Drive. 

Nothing ever is.  Just ask Julia.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

The theme of rainbows, unicorns, paint palettes and fiestas are just so fun!!! The fuzzy rainbow jacket takes the cake, as does the little heart detail on your white top. I especially love the cacti, piñatas and glitter stars on the Fiery Fiesta Necklace! Your unicorn collection in the last photo is amazing and, as you said, like stepping inside a Lisa Frank coloring book! (Also, "magic and manure" - what a combo!)

Tanza Erlambang said...

Sweater from Macy's look so wonderful...love white boot.

Have a great day

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

I like necklace and earrings. These are such a unique and gorgeous piece.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/02/perfumed-body-lotions.html

windowtothebeauty said...

White shoes look mega trendy 🤍🤍

ellie said...

Love the rainbows! Such a fun a colorful post. Love it!

Jewel Divas Style said...

YeeHaw!

You know I'm a sucker for unicorns and rainbows. Not to mention a furry rainbow coat.