Thursday, April 22, 2021

Little Lion Lady

Each spring brings that great, age-old debate: are dandelions flowers or weeds?  Now, if you've been reading this blog for awhile, then you know where I stand on this.  Dandelions are firmly flowers.  Consider the evidence.  They're yellow and cheerful and look like small suns.  They pop up their heads at that pivotal time as the world's shedding its winter coat.  Finally, and perhaps most convincing of all, they're plant Transformers.  Just when you think that they're at death's door, they swap their golden petals for cotton candy crowns.  True, people aren't bringing bouquets of dandelions to dinner or wearing dandelion corsages to prom.  But there are few things sweeter than a little kid offering one up as if bequeathing a diamond.  

That's why the dandelion, or as I like to call her, the little lion lady, reigns supreme in my heart -- and on my lawn.  

She may have a name that sounds like Mumford and Sons.  But her roar is all Katy Perry.

9 comments:

ellie said...

Awesome! We make dandelion wine. Just a couple of bottles. It will be ready by Christmas. I have one friend who expects a bottle every Christmas now. Although, it's been a chilly month for dandelion picking. But they are very strong flowers indeed!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

They are pretty adorable. I am always happy to see them. Thanks for the sweet Friday post!

Ivy's Closet said...

Awesome! Loved how you compare the roar to Katy Perry!

bread&salt said...

Dandelion plant and its flower is very interesting. Dandelion tea is consumed alot here but i have not tried it. Thanks for information

all types recepies and desert said...

Beautiful plant

Samantha said...

"Little Lion Lady" - I love that!! I'm with you; I totally see them as flowers, too. They're such lovely little things and I always enjoy seeing them pop up on walks. 💛

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

For me they are flowers and they remains me on Sun.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/guerlain-shalimar.html

Kathy Leonia said...

so wonderful sunny flower:)

Jewel Divas Style said...

Not sure what they're considered here in Aus, but they are definitely bright and sunny.