Thursday, April 8, 2021

The Fate Beyond: Moon Dreamer Creamer

Top: Self Esteem, Macy's; Skirt: Delia's, Dolls Kill; Shoes: Worthington, JCPenney; Bag: Charming Charlie

When people say "out-of-this-world herbs," they're usually talking about something stronger than tea.  But for me, the wonders of the galaxy never seem more majestic or clearer than when I'm curled up with a cup of Celestial Seasonings cinnamon apple spice.  (And no, as always, this isn't paid advertising.  Although also as always, Celestial Seasonings, I'm game if you are.)  

Knowing that you're part of something bigger than yourself (in this case, outer space, not tea drinking) is miraculous and yeah, kind of comforting.  It makes you realize that insulting your boss's husband's bowl cut, having an always mildewed tub, and/or inhaling Chunky Monkey when you're supposed to be eating kale chips aren't that serious in the grand scheme of things.  Unless, of course, cheating on your diet eventually leads to a heart attack that kills you.

That said, I really enjoyed the zen-ness of zoning out and making this celestial-themed jewelry.  The star, planet, and crescent moon charms made me feel connected to the universe and reminded me of those adorable '80s dolls known as Moon Dreamers.  Even if, unlike those dolls, they don't have hair that glows in the dark.

Celestial Star Bracelet

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to make my tea and howl at -- er, stare at -- the moon.  No need to consult your Farmers' Almanac to check if it's really out in my corner of the world tonight.  Because it's always there in spirit.  

Just like your zinger about the bowl cut.

8 comments:

Himawan Sant said...

How unique is your galaxy-inspired earrings and bracelets ... their bright colors are uplifting too.

Have a super week!

ellie said...

I have been a big fan of the Candy Cane Lane this winter! Oh...and don't get me started on Sleepytime! Love these from Celestial teas. Oh, the jewelry is so inspiring. Hope you have a sweet weekend!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Definitely bringing the magic to Celestial Teas! Beautiful moon and stars! In love with the rainbow skirt!

Ivy's Closet said...

OH so adoring your Friday post! Thanks for the smile today, and the beautiful jewelry too!

Jewel Divas Style said...

Awesome necklace, and purse. You know I have a few star jewellery sets, one being pink, because you can never have enough stars. In the house, on your clothes, on your wrists, etc, etc, etc...

Now I'm reminded of Jem & The Holograms again. Those earrings... It's showtime, Synergy!

Tanza Erlambang said...

love to "cinnamon apple spice" tastes....tea with cinnamon taste is sold in Walmart... I tried it.

Celestial Star Bracelet looks great....

Have a wonderful day

Samantha said...

"...insulting your boss's husband's bowl cut", LOL!!!!!!!!!! Okay, there is so much amazingness going on here! Firstly, the rainbow skirt is awesome, as is your star bag. I totally know what you mean about Celestial Tea - the sugar cookie one is my favorite! Your Celestial Star trio-set is spectacular and definitely encapsulates the wonders of the universe above. Good job!!! And envisioning you howling at the moon made me laugh. 😄

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

Such a beautiful and uplifting outfit. I like it so much.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/viktor-rolf-bonbon-vs-hugo-boss-scent.html