Sunday, April 18, 2021

Two for Two: Giving COVID the Cold Shoulder


It's official!  The husband and I got our second COVID vaccines this morning!  Before arriving at the Atlantic City Convention Center, we stopped to get gas and saw a truck that said J-CORONA, with the Os filled in to look like suns.  Weird, huh?  Whenever I encounter "coincidences" like this, I know that everything's connected.  Anyway, as with my first shot, I wore a shoulder-baring top for easy access, although this one was more out-of-style cold shoulder than Susan Sarandon off-the-shoulder in Bull Durham.  I still love it, though (as I do the dozen or so others I'm still hanging onto).  

In other fashion news, the husband asked if I brought a cactus wristlet because I was getting pricked, and I said maybe subconsciously, as I carried a (different) cactus wristlet last time!  See?  Everywhere, connections.

Now that I'm fully vaxxed, it's great knowing that in just two weeks I can safely go out if I need or want to.  The first order of business will be scheduling all those long-overdue doctors appointments.  And then maybe, just maybe, I'll feel ready to reopen The Tote Trove!  Last week someone emailed me asking how long I'd be on break (it's been more than a year), and I said maybe until Memorial Day.  I've been updating my site a little, tweaking listings and weeding out the ones that seem past their prime.  It's strange to think about going back to the post office again.  A little scary, but mostly good.  I miss the thrill of seeing an Etsy Transactions email in my inbox, then drawing hearts and rainbows and cupcakes on a padded envelope and stuffing it with something I made that someone wanted.     

So, yeah, now I'm one step closer to rekindling the human element of this crazy arts and crafts venture.  Which is pretty exciting.  

Also, it balances out the mammogram.      

12 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

congratulation for you and yours second covid 19 vaccines.... hope, pandemic over soon.

Have a wonderful weekend

ellie said...

So happy to hear you and yours got the vaccine. Hope all will be calm and you get back to business. Enjoyed the post and of course, the wonderful photos too! Perfect last sentence. I have to make an appointment for that too.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Beautiful! Glad you guys could get the vaccine together. All the best in getting back to normal.

Carefully Listening said...

Love that top! Wonderful news. All the best. Did you get the shot in the same arm?

Ivy's Closet said...

I love the title of the post! All the best!

Kinga K. said...

That's great :) Pretty photos!

all types recepies and desert said...

Great news

Himawan Sant said...

Congratulations to you and your husband on getting the vaccine. I
n our country currently vaccination is being focused on elderly people like my mother.
Regards.

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

Great news. I'm so happy for your and your husband.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/tom-ford-lip-color-flamingo-chanel.html

Kathy Leonia said...

this is so great news:) you are now safer:) follow:) hope U follow back:)

Samantha said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so awesome, and you and your husband look so adorable together! I love your top, and how you made sure it was off-the-shoulders for the shot. Love your face mask, too! I look forward to your shop being open again, as I know for sure I'll be making a purchase. We all await the re-opening of your shop and all of its goodies! ❤️

Jewel Divas Style said...

We aren't even close to getting our first, let alone our second. Congrats o your, though.