Friday, July 23, 2021

Stripe Hype: For Those Times When You Don't Want to Polka

Bag: Lily Bloom, JCPenney

Dress: Lula Roe

Bag: Sugar Thrillz, Dolls Kill

Skirt: Modcloth

Bag: Olivia Miller, Amazon

Shoes: Betsey Johnson, Macy's

Dress: Rock & Republic, Kohl's

Polka dot, that is.  Because even wearing such a slaphappy print, let alone doing its namesake dance, demands a nimble spirit.  Not so with stripes.  They bring to mind, not rollicking reels, but maps crisscrossed with equators and prime meridians as indelibly as gym class Fs on a report card.  Because globes, round though they may be, don't deign to serve volleyballs or don sweat-stained uniforms.  No, they sit still in the study, and when you're with them, you must sit still too.  Call it revenge of the nerds.  And not the slick kind in Silicon Valley, but those who putter in academia or even just eat macadamia nuts while writing Wikipedia entries.   

I think we can all agree that none of this makes any sense.  Especially because my black Betsey wedges are, however subtly, polka dotted.  But posts don't always have to dot their i's or drink their t's.  

They just have to have a good time and a cold Coca Cola.

But more on that (maybe) next time.  

9 comments:

ellie said...

Such sweet stripes! Love that first dress! Of course, I love all the stripes. Oh so witty with those polka dots! Lovely hair broch too!

I will confess I did not last very long as a teacher. It's like going into an entirely different world, but then the library world can be that way too. Hope your July is turning out with some fun weekends. It's getting hotter than ever. I have only gone to the Farmer's market once this summer.

Perhaps "Simon" is a late bloomer. Or his whole perception of Declan, but I think meeting Reese is a wake-up call.

I always enjoy your comments & your wonderful posts too!

Ivy's Closet said...

Such a great Saturday morning find! Love those stripes and so much color that pops!

LOCKDOWN: I feel it's more in the Doc Martin area of England. Although, they haven't even gone down to the ocean only it is mainly an area for fishing. It's funny I have read some novels..one where it was supposed to take place in South Dakota..but it didn't feel like South Dakota. The story could have happened anywhere.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

You always surprise me! I love how you come up with your unique writing. I am sure you should at least be writing a children's book or two. I adore your fashion too!

Thanks so much for your comments. Hahaha..about Bea..I guess I wanted to make her feel so old, but maybe she feels 60 on the inside.

Samantha said...

You certainly know how to rock the stripes!! The muted green color of the first dress is so pretty, and the sun bag and necklace add the bright splash. I love the strawberry barrette paired with the rainbow striped outfit!!! And last but not least, the final outfit looks super cool with the pop of pink and black with the grand finale of the emoji bag. All of these outfits scream rainbows and sunshine - and what's better than that, really? The polka dots on the Betsey Johnson wedges are adorable!

Quiet and Sun by Alexa said...

Love Your bags and a hair pieces :) Cool outfits.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love all your colorful uplifting combinations and you alway wow me with your Betsy Johnson shoes!

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

Strupes and polka are my two favorite patterns and I like pieces which you have and how you style them. You look amazing.

www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

Kathy Leonia said...

you are flourish just like flowers:)

Jewel Divas Style said...

That first dress made me think of a cricket ground with the wickets. And that rainbow skirt is pretty. I wish I could wear my short skirts again, but that may never happen.