Friday, March 17, 2023

The Secret to a Happy St. Patrick's Day? Everyone Knows it's Minty!




The holiday of hooligans and a classic '60s song are more than enough to get me to succumb to the lucky charms of the Mickey D's drive thru.  So that's where the husband and I found ourselves tonight, making our yearly pilgrimage to get Shamrock Shakes.  Well, I got a Shamrock Shake.  The husband thinks they're too sweet, so he got a mint Oreo shake instead (because nothing cuts sweetness like  chocolate).  Yet Oreos or not, it was a fine way to celebrate not only St. Patrick's Day, but the weekend.  Meanwhile, I'm sitting out my exercises on account of my sugar (and okay, French fry) coma.

McDonald's, you are a cruel mistress.🍀

7 comments:

camdandusler said...

You're so cute ; thanks for your sharing...

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, I had to have one at lunch yesterday! Just to celebrate in the best way! It was yummy, even if it was too sweet! Love your outfit! Terribly cold today and so much nuisance snow yesterday. Happy Weekend!

Caitlin&Megan said...

Awesome! We did get a Reuben for dinner. Although, I am not really a fan of them..but you know, it's St. Patty's day. I didn't pull out all my Water boys mixes since most are on cassette. Instead, I relaxed to Harry's House piano version on YouTube. Lov'n those socks!

ellie said...

Oh so festive! It was fun at work. So many wore as little green as possible. It was cool to see just how much green some patrons were wearing. Yes, I was so happy to get my Shamrock Shake yesterday. The best part of the day (✿◡‿◡)

Samantha said...

Ahhhhh, a Shamrock shake!!! This is such a fun St. Patrick's Day post! The photo of you drinking the shake, the dreamy McDonald's sign, the shamrock socks - it's magical. ✨ I'm so glad you both enjoyed your yearly Shamrock Shake adventure! 💚🍀

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I haven't had a gold old McDonald shake in years- but we do love them. I think I would had to go with the mint Oreo shake which sounds amazing. Actually, vanilla was always my favorite. I forgot to wear green on St. Paddy's Day this year! Glad your celebration was a happy one!

Jewel Divas Style said...

Who bothers with exercise when they've had fries?