Sunday, March 26, 2023

This One's for You, Magenta and Rue

Skirt: Wild Fable, Target

Bag: Xhilaration, Target; First three bangles: Mixit, JCPenney; Love bangle: Boscov's

Sunglasses: Betsey Johnson, Zulily; Necklace: JCPenney

Shoes: Mix No. 6, DSW

Dress: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's


Bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's


Necklace: Betsey Johnson


Tights: Mixit, JCPenney; Shoes: Worthington, JCPenney

Top: Nine West, Kohl's; Skirt: Xhilaration, Target

Bag: Zulily

Boots: Dolls Kill


Headband: INC, Macy's

Watching so many Golden Girls reruns over the years has caused some of the dialogue to stick in my head.  And so when I put together this hot-pink-heavy post, I couldn't help but think of the episode where Blanche reveals that when she feels down, she calls it "magenta."  I thought this was weird because magenta is such a happy color.  Also, because the always ebullient Blanche rarely admits to being in the doldrums (that's Dorothy's department).  Yet I guess it's just one more example of the multifaceted magic of these Miami mavens.    


And now, on to the jewels!  I was very excited to use the amethyst-hued agate slice pendants I recently ordered from Amazon.  I thought they were a fun complement to all the rosy clothes.  Because if there's one thing we learned from Barbie, then it's that pink doesn't pop without purple.


Of course, I also had to embellish them with crystals for that fallen-fresh-from-the-firmament look.  Even though rocks come from the earth, not the sky.  But a little artistic license never hurt anyone.  

Except for maybe Van Gogh.

8 comments:

ellie said...

Love what you can do with this color! Amazing boots too and loving your designs as well. Brilliant post! Your write up really made me smile. Especially, about the Golden girls. Definitely have to remember the purple with the pink. I am so adoring these outfits. Thanks so much for your comments! Oh, hopefully, someone is growing! Maybe even me! (✿◡‿◡) Thanks so much for your encouragement! Wishing you the best for a fantastic April!

Ivy's Closet said...

I really love these colors! You do make these outfits smile with those brooches of yours. OH MY! So love the stockings and those shoes! Fantastic. Such a wonderful post! I love your last paragraph too. Such beautiful purple!🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌷🌷🌷🌷🌹🌹🌹🌹Thanks so much for your comments! Oh, I do feel wiped out, but the more I work with Socks and what not the more inspired I get. And I just might make a Harry Styles Jumpsuit for Ken yet^_~

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Adoring this post so much! My favorite color! Such a warm way to welcome our last week of March. Yes, a beautiful April on the way! Thanks for all your positive vibes. You do have such a fabulous bag collection. And the things you can do with your updos! I am always in awe! Such a fantastic creativity you have and thank you for being so inspiring!🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷 Thank you for your comments too. Yes, hopefully Tristan doesn't have a bad case of Spring Fever. & yes, I did have a delima with the Raspberry Rallies. I was told I was going to get them, but never did. Oh well, maybe next year.

KrΓ³lowa Karo said...

These decorated agates look interesting.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

No one is going to feel down in the dumps with this post! I love the reruns of the Golden Girls. Each character plays such a unique roll and of course Blanche is such a gem. Living in Florida, the people of the Golden ages have become very active with spots, traveling and exercising. Pink and purple are two of my favorite colors along with teal. Everything came together really well in this post. I do love the crystal necklace and all the magenta outfits and accessories.

Samantha said...

Pink and purple is the most epic color combination in my book!!! And Barbie had it right that pink doesn't pop without purple. πŸ’œπŸ’– The amethyst-hued agate slice necklaces you created are gorgeous! The embellishments are an eye-catching touch. These magenta and purple looks are show-stoppers; I guessed right off the bat that the Care Bears boots were from Dolls Kill, and I was right! The first outfit is so Barbie-esque with the polka dot accents and shades! Lastly, your new barrettes are beautiful!!! I'm amazed at the outline detail of the roses in the bouquet one, and of course, I'm super drawn to the blossom ones! πŸŒΈπŸ’œ

The Velvet Runway said...

I love all the colorful jewellery! The agate pendants are fabulous!
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

Jewel Divas Style said...

I mean, seriously! Care Bear cowboy boots!

You're giving my Jem and the Holograms vibes in that pink dress and purple lace tights.