Friday, July 21, 2023

The Old and the New: Red, White, and Not Blue

Dress: XOXO; Bag: Tatty Devine, ModCloth; Shoes: Jessica Simpson Collection, DSW; Sunglasses: Zulily; Headband: New York & Company

Necklace and bangle: RETMOD

Dress: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's; Bag: Betsey Johnson, ModCloth; Shoes: Madden Girl, Kohl's; Socks: Xhilaration, Target; Bow: Carole, JCPenney

Dresses: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Cherries Jubi-Twee Necklace

Dress: So, Kohl's; Bag: Delia's, Dolls Kill; Shoes: Betsey Johnson, Macy's; Sunglasses: Zulily

Dress: So, Kohl's

Bag: Delia's, Dolls Kill

Howlite Delight Necklace

Dress, bag, and hat: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's; Belt: Belt is Cool, Amazon; Shoes: Jessica Simpson Collection, DSW

Hat: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Dress: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Dress and shoes: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's; Bag: Xhilaration, Target; Bow: Carole, JCPenney

Lettie Ladybug Necklace

These outfits feature stuff from all the usual places.  Mostly Kohl's, a little Macy's and DSW, and some ModCloth and Dolls Kill tossed in.  But they also include two somethings of a very different and therefore special origin: Etsy's RETMOD!  I stumbled upon this rad retailer on Instagram, hooked by its dazzlingly bold vintage product posts.  In particular, I'd admired a huge red heart necklace and was psyched to see that it was still in stock.  So I made it my own, along with a matching bangle.  I have so many things that go with both, but for their inaugural outing, my old XOXO polka dot shift dress was the obvious swinging '60s selection.



That said, I've moved on from red, white, and blue to red, white, and black, the colors of, not patriots, but pirates (there's a sports joke in there somewhere, but I'll leave it -- like myself in most of these pics -- on the bench).  And I couldn't let this opportunity of a color palette pass without making some of my own red, white, and black necklaces.  Not surprisingly, all are cherry-themed except one, which has ladybugs -- the cherries of the insect world.

Just think of it as me doing my part to create the vintage jewelry of tomorrow. 🍒🐞

5 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, you really make the red pop in this post! So BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL! Love that bag in the first photo too! Such a great heart necklace! I enjoy all those cherries too! and some amazing shoes as well. Oh, you are a summer date❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thanks so much for reading and commenting! Yes, Finn is one of those who finds a way to make lemonade out of anything..hahaha...And I think secretly Oakely wants a family too..all though, she isn't one to ask. While Dory's disaster is a lot like a friend of mine's daughter who went through that and it was really a wake-up call, and is doing much better now. Of course, in Dory's case he really doesn't have family. Naturally, the situation gives me more to find Dory's story.

Caitlin&Megan said...

Oh, I love the RED, YELLOW & BLACK! Such amazing finds from Esty to your favorite places! Love the bag from Delia's! You do have a way of making polka-dots even more special! Love that you found the HEART necklace. I am sure it will inspire you in so many ways! Adoring the other necklaces too! Such a great Bagarommma! LOVE THE POST! That's a fantastic set up with the yellow in the inside shot too! You are on a summer role!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thanks for your comments! Its funny how maybe I'm more a culprit in these girl issues than anyone else would note. Although, envy does come up I feel quite often when we do have a chance to see other people's relationship. Sure we are private, but the whole time one might wonder '"can't I have that?" While in the long run Rox is probably her worst enemy. All the while, Rox probably isn't even listening to Nonnie's woes at all. Still, friendships can be just as unique and relationships.

Ivy's Closet said...

Such a fabulous post! Yes, you bring summer's best with all these fantastic colors! Love the bags and shoes too! It is all so inspiring! & I'm glad you found that fantastic heart necklace too...can't wait to see your spin on this one with your own designs! Love your necklaces as well. Amazing finds from shopping too! Such an inspiring bold post!❤️🖤🌈❤️🖤🌈❤️🖤🌈🖤🌈❤️🖤🌈 Oh, I did get to the Barbie movie yesterday at 10 am! And I will say now, I dunno if it's a movie for kids, but most of it is over their head..so you know..it won't ruin them. Of course, they both showed up with their Barbie's. Really, he is proud of his Slim Ken and held it through out the movie. He really thought KEN saved the movie! When I was about to ask why he brought Ken he said, "Well, it is a Barbie movie, why not?" While his sister was in her sparkly Mermaid dress, she brought her OOAK Barbie, too. And it fell behind the seat, but thankfully, she found it. On another note..I finally figured out THE RAVENETTE's sang THAT GREAT LOVE SOUND which took me forever to figure out the lyrics. They are a Swedish band. And as I noted in a comment, a patron (who left his name in all the billing from each DVD..and in named Norman) I even googled him. I saw a guy playing a violin and I knew it had to be him and it was! Definitely a character! He had boxes and boxes of DVDs. It has been an interesting feat going through these very store ready DVDs. Some I have asked a friend of the library to put on EBAY hoping we will get our money's worth. We shall see.

Samantha said...

Red, white and black are such cool colors put together, and you rock them!! 💕 All of these looks and patterns are so fun and creative, and I especially love the long red dress with the Delia's cow-print purse! The hat and red chunky shoes are so fab. Finding an awesome Etsy shop with cool new finds is always a bonus, and your newly purchased (and created!) ones are stunning! 🍒🐞

Jewel Divas Style said...

Now I've got Neil Diamond in my head. "She got a way to move me cherry..."

And I love that face bag. Might have to get me one.