Friday, September 15, 2023

Going Against the Grain: New Retail Terrain

Dress: Nine West, Kohl's







Last Saturday, I surprised the husband by asking, "Do you want to go to Rockler?"  Rockler is a woodworking-supply-slash-hardware store, and the husband had been to the nearest one, which is about an hour away, once.  He said, "Sure, but you may not like it."

So off we went, and once we were there, I started taking pics.  One of the best things about shopping -- and life -- is finding color in the unlikeliest places.  So each time I spotted a patch of rainbow-y products or posters nestled amidst the neutral wood, I snapped it.  As for the husband, he found some odds and ends for his latest projects -- and also graciously photographed me against a backdrop of lumber. 

Needless to say, I wasn't bored.  More like board!  (Sorry, but it was right there.)  Because scoping out stuff, no matter how obscure, is one of my favorite things to do.

Next up, AutoZone.       

7 comments:

camdandusler said...

Thanks for your sharing have a lovely weekend...

ellie said...

Such an unlikely place to find you! Great time! Go you! We have a place similar to this, although, I don't ever see the color quite like this! We are just looking at the wrong thing..evidently! Such a fun post! Glad you guys did this. It might inspire your necklace line too! Awesome outfit! ๐Ÿ❤️๐Ÿ❤️๐Ÿ❤️๐Ÿ❤️ I don't think Rafe is that clever to play Cade..while Cade on the other hand..well, he might..but I don't think anymore.Thanks for your comments! I went to the zoo yesterday and boy am I feeling it. Ugh..I have a feeling I will be in bed early tonight after work.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

So great to see all this inspiration! How fun! I so enjoyed hearing about your adventure with Hubby! Awesome! And I love your outfit too!❤️๐Ÿ’œ❤️๐Ÿ’œ❤️๐Ÿ’œ❤️
Thanks for your comments! Any kind of wedding can make you stir-crazy. Our co-worker who just got married was really getting the jitters think of the debt involved in his wedding, but I think he'll be OK..although, he's still trying to get over this infection he has. As for Eddie, oh he's always that energy everyone seems to need in those last minutes.

Ivy's Closet said...

So love the photos you took! Amazing bangles too! Hope your weekend is going well. ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚

Samantha said...

What an awesome post!!! The fact that you totally found color inspiration at a hardware store just goes to show (as you mentioned!) that you can find cool things in the most unlikely places. Your outfit and accessory photos mesh so well with the color findings, too. What a way to create your own fun on an outing!๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I had no idea what this post was about until I read the write up at the bottom. Now I get it!! so clever how you looked for colorful displays to offset the natural woods. Glad you had a good time on your outing to a store that could have been boring. You look adorable in your dress..

Roseann said...

Totally enjoyed this post. Special photo highlights included the “eye” necklace, which I just may need to add to my collection. However I must admit I was blown away by the face in the wreath which seemed to scream, “Happy Fall, Y’all!”
And I must say, only you could turn a trip to Rocklers into a colorful photo shoot! Kudos abound!
Please keep the sheer joy coming!
Mr. Zito.