Thursday, November 23, 2023

Key West Mess, Thanksgiving Style

Most people are cooking, but here I am booking.  Which is just as well because no one should eat anything I make unless it's the no-bake pumpkin trifle I'm bringing to my sister-in-law's later, and maybe not even that.  I couldn't help but cram in one more cozy before (okay, on) Turkey Day, and this time it's Lucy Burdette's A Deadly Feast.  I never even heard of Ms. Burdette until I typed "Thanksgiving murder mysteries" into my Amazon search bar.  But when this Key West culinary whodunit boasting a cat, key lime pie, and a houseboat popped up, I was sold.  The plot, which centers around a Chatty Kathy of a woman dropping dead during a food tasting tour, is wacky with a side of romance.  Because food-reviewer-slash-amateur-sleuth Hayley Snow (yes, another food critic named Hayley, like in the Lee Hollis series) and her police officer fiancΓ© are getting married the day after Thanksgiving.  Super stressful, right?  But chaos always comes a cozy -- and thankfully subsides by the end.  

Alright, enough book blather.  I need to get back to that trifle.  Which hopefully no longer looks like pumpkin soup . . .       

5 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, I hope the Trifle went well! Thanks for including this title in your November reads. Great to hear about this one! πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ Not gonna like..I am stuffed. We did have some rounds of Janga. Someone was not that impressed at first with the rooms I'd made and the Barbie Jeep and Car. He stayed far away from it and told me all about this character from Fortnite and I wasn't sure if that meant I was supposed to find a doll to dress like this character or what. But after dinner, he decided to come up with so many storylines with the guys in the jeep and what must have been hours, he said, "But I just got here." He did not want to go home. So of course, I feel..my job is done..I am good hostess after all.

Now lets hope I can just sleep in tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I was hoping for a photo of the pumpkin trifle. I'm glad the book kept you entertained with a Thanksgiving theme. Always love the key lime pie in Key West. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving at your sister- in- Laws!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, I hope the pumpkin Trifle went well. Sounds wonderful. I may go for something like that in chocolate for Christmas. Really, I dunno what to do with all this dessert now!πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ Thanks so much for the intriguing review. It does sound like a great Autumn mystery read! It is always interesting how these MC get involved in these mysteries and being mislead by the Who Dun it's! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️Snow might be coming! And I really need to get more written! Although, I don't know what got in to me..I had to put in addins during the holiday! Peace, Love and a sleep in for Black Friday!πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€

Ivy's Closet said...

Now this is a great way of doing your Thanksgiving cooking! Great to have a mystery around to savor! Thanks so much for the fun review! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

We did have some family who didn't make it..due to someone being sick..they were on their way but had to turn around. Now I have too much dump cake! But it turned out better than I even expected and the chocolate went over well, too. So did the Barbie play time. I got a lot of input in what they'd like for me to do. Just don't know when I will have time to do it. Recently, I have been watching someone from Spain repaint Barbies. I love her work. Of course her cheapest doll is $120 bucks. The thing is I have the A typical Barbies I would love to do something with..so I am not sure how many disseasters I would have to go through before one would look presentable. I did bob a Barbie and that didn't turn out too bad. Of course, I have to organize more..and that might take months!

Thank you so much for your comments. All the best to your art and your wonderful creativity and words!

Samantha said...

"...a cat, key lime pie, and a houseboat" - I can see why you were sold on this one!! And hopefully that pumpkin trifle turned out nice! ❤️