Tuesday, November 7, 2023

October Outings, Part One: Crabs and Cranberries
















October may be over, but its events still demand to be reported, even if I'm the only one doing the demanding.  So I'm moving these momentous (? sure) moments from the back barn burner out into the blaze of the ice cream social media spotlight.

That said -- and I'm sorry if this disappoints -- they have nothing to do with barns or ice cream.

The first outing was a test drive to a baby shower.  I was nervous about having to drive there alone on the day and asked the husband to take me on a dry run.  And it was a good thing I did, because we got lost on account of a teensy mistake I made when entering the address into Google Maps.  (No surprise there, given my issues with all things driving-related.)  But all's well that ends well because we (okay, he) figured it out -- and stopped at an iconic dive for dinner on the way home.  Neither of us had ever been, and it was an experience we won't soon forget.  

The second outing was the Chatsworth Cranberry Festival, which my mom talked me into with the promise of photo ops.  It did turn out to be a golden (and rainbow!) opportunity to wear my new Kohl's Crayola fleece, extremely baggy (but comfy!) Target Wild Fable jeans, and Kohl's So mint green purse.  Also, my old handmade seashell necklace.  Because nothing says fall festival quite like a kids' craft left over from summer.

So yeah, those were two things that happened.  And as per usual, what made them special weren't the activities themselves, but the clothes -- and the company. 

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I love your Crayola fleece!! It's so colorful and cute - on par with your style. Your activities look like a lot of fun, and what a way to celebrate the fall season. Also, the mushroom theme in the first outfit is so fun - love the claw clips! 🍄💛

ellie said...

What about all those mushrooms? I hope we hear more about that in part 2?

Fabulous outfits. So much color to pop!

Just getting used to the time change and being back at work..oh me..oh my..thanks for the comments. Thanks for reading. Oh, it's great to be back at my desk...oh, now if I could just make the clutter go away.

Looks like you had some fun this October. I am sure you will find lots to do this November. All the best to that creative mind of yours..and puns too!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

So fun to see your post! Wow, love the mushroom theme too! Oh, I know a thing or two about getting lost with someone..I am sure you guys handled it much better than we did (✿◡‿◡)

Such a great autumn post..oh..crabs and cranberries..hmmm..maybe crabs with cranberry wine...

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

what a fabulous pic of you in front of the bright red wall and the Crabby's sign! I can't believe you took pics of the wild mushrooms . When I take my walks ( in Philadelphia suburbs) I always see mushroom in all shapes and sizes popping up along my walk. They fascinate me. Sometimes they are actually pretty and I too have taking pics.. so funny. Your colorful jacket and green purse are stunning. Your jacket reminds me that it isn't 85 degrees and sunny everywhere ( Florida) I do miss the fall and fall activities.!

Ivy's Closet said...

Looks like you two have had some wonderful adventures in October! How fun! Great to see you and all those mushrooms, too. Awesome and colorful. OH, and always adoring your creations....All the best to a beautiful and fun November. Hope you are staying well and are coming up with lots of trends and more.

Really, it's been warmer than I thought it would be. Happy November! Still catching up on rest here.

Jewel Divas Style said...

There are jokes about crabs, but I won't make them. Interesting coat, not surprised it's Crayola.