Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Something New and Sparkly: An Orange Slice is Very Nice . . .




Fabulous Felt Orange Gelatin Mold Barrette

Dress: Olsenboye, JCPenney
Shoes: MetroStyle
Bag: XOXO, ROSS Dress for Less
Scarf: A.C. Moore

. . . to garnish your burger supreme.  But a citrus that wiggles when its consumer giggles is the stuff of a mandarin dream.

Too silly too soon?  Here's something more serious to balance it out.  Sometimes, when I'm eating an orange, I think about the "Little House on the Prairie" books and how Laura Ingalls was so impressed to be served an orange as a starter course at the home of some semi-affluent friend.  It always makes me a little guilty about the decadently orange-rich life I lead.

Now that the mood is all gloomy, let's return to this Fabulous Felt Orange Gelatin Mold Barrette and the profusion of polka dots that surrounds it.  Yep, perked me right up.

No comments: