Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Crack Open the Crayons



Colorful Stripes and Dots Necklace

Top: Stephen Burrows for Target
Skirt: Stephen Burrows for Target
Shoes: MetroStyle
Bag: Chinese Laundry, Bloomingsales Florist and Gift Shop

I'm going to kick things off by saying that I wasn't crazy about this necklace at first.  To me, it seemed like a random hodgepodge of craft supply detritus cobbled together in a poorly-lit basement.  But then I looked at it a little harder, willing myself to be hypnotized by the blinding sparkle of the turquoise rhinestones and the dizzying mix of stripes and polka dots.  After that, pairing it with an outfit befitting an overzealous grade school teacher (or a crazy blogger) seemed like the most logical way to seal its appeal.  Just looking at it makes me want to go out and buy a coloring book.

No comments: