Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Swan on Safari






Dress: Bisou Bisou, JCPenney
Pink shoes: City Streets, JCPenney
Pink bag: Candie's, Kohl's
Bronze shoes: Candie's, Kohl's
Bronze bag: Candie's, Kohl's

I ordered this dress from JCPenney not too long ago (the afternoon of Hurricane Irene, actually), and when it arrived, I thought, I need to make a necklace for this.  And not of my usual super embellished go big or go home variety, either.  No, this time I wanted something simpler yet still different, something basic enough that I could've bought it in a store -- but didn't. 

Inspiration came in the form of this rhinestoned, gold-tone swan pendant, which I fished out of a Michaels clearance bin.  I knew I wanted to accessorize it with amber and mint beads but was itching to introduce another color to prevent it from being too matchy-matchy with the dress.  When I saw these hot pink beads, I knew they would pack the right punch. 

When it was time to take the pictures I ran with the idea, going for a hot pink sandal and bag combo.  Still, I remembered that I had bronze sandals and a bronze bag buried somewhere deep in my wardrobe and couldn't help but wonder how they would look with the dress.  So out they came for a photo all their own, becoming contestants in the first-ever Tote Trove shoe and bag competition.  Who, oh who, would win the honor of stepping out with this sassy zebra-print dress?  Ever the fan of a good color clash, I cast my vote for the pink.  What about you?

Either way, it's nice to have options :)

2 comments:

Jewel Divas Style said...

Like the necklace. The dress is a weird colour combo for me but nice.

The Tote Trove said...

Thanks! Yes, the teal and muted orange zebra-print is very unexpected; I think that's what drew me to it :)