Sunday, April 19, 2020

Love You, Lip Hue, Yes I Do


Blouse: Bisou Bisou, JCPenney
Tank: Bisou Bisou, JCPenney
Purse: Fred Flare
Ring: Gifted
Hair ties: Marshalls 

Lip prints have always been popular.  I guess it's because they're cheeky and feminine and scream teen queen romance.  See Exhibit A, my beloved (reversible!) lips sweater that has sadly since bit the dust:


Good thing I have this new white and pink lip-print blouse to console me.  It's been biding its time in my closet, just waiting to be worn and/or posted.  And today is the day!  I made these accessories to go with it.  True, they're not lip-themed.  But they're still hella loud.


Yellow Bow Glow Barrettes

Orange Twist Butterfly Earrings

Over the Rain-blow Necklace

Top: Candie's, Kohl's
Skirt: Mossimo, Target
Shoes: Rocket Dog, Marshalls
Bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's
Belt: Belt is Cool, Amazon
Sunglasses: Amazon  

Despite my love for all things lippy, while quarantined, I've been forsaking my actual lipstick.  Yes, I've swapped my signature Revlon Cherries in the Snow for -- gasp -- pumpkin pie-flavored Chapstick. Talk about long-lasting leftovers; it's the Thanksgiving dessert that keeps on giving.  Wearing it makes me think of that old ad with Olympic skier Picabo Street proudly proclaiming that she's not a lipstick girl, she's a Chapstick girl.  As you know, I hate the Olympics, and I'm unquestionably on team lipstick.  (If it wasn't clear before, then my compulsion to add two tubes to my Walmart pickup order for my I-got-dressed-today-if-even-for-five-minutes glamour shots clinches it.)  Nevertheless, that Chapstick commercial stuck in my head.  I liked Picabo's conviction, even if it differed from my own.  And even if she was being paid big bucks by Big Lip Balm.

So in these hanging-out-on-my-own days, I'm making the most of the deliciousness that is treat-flavored lip salve.  And it's pretty sweet.  Next up, sugar cookie.

That said, for today's sign-off, I thought it'd be fun to show my love for lipstick and for you, dear readers:


Thank you, Walmart, for all that you do.  And for braving the snow to tend those cherry trees. :)

3 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, I think these days are times for changes - also in the context of lipsticks :) Love your lipstick pieces btw!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

Lip prints are so much fun, and you rock them well! Glad you have a new lip-print blouse to console you (absolutely love that bib necklace you're wearing!!) The accessories you made to go with it are beautiful and full of fun. Pumpkin pie-flavored Chapstick sounds mouthwatering (as does the sugar cookie!) Loving the XO sign off. :)

Jewel Divas Style said...

I recently ran out of lip balm and found a Frozen (the movie) Lipsmacker six piece tin set at a chemist. I bought five tins to stock up and the lip balms ended up being $1.66AUD each.

How's that!