Friday, April 3, 2020

Clean Food, Cool Dude: Inside Voices, Please



Tee: Macy's
Skirt: POPSUGAR, Kohl's
Shoes: Cape Robbin, Ami Clubwear 
Bag: Betsey Johnson, gifted
Sunglasses: Michaels
Red Belt: Tahari, Macy's Backstage
White Belt: Belt is Cool, Amazon
Barrette: The Tote Trove


The coronavirus quarantine might have slowed the globe down.  But that doesn't mean we're not still moving.  Still life?  More like chill life -- if this wayfarer-wearing pineapple has anything to say about it!  And he does.  Most notably, pass the sunscreen and salsa.


This too-cool-for-school tee is another member of my super elite, never-worn-it-in-real-life club.  I ordered it from Macy's a while back, along with the one that says Fanta.  I can see myself rocking it with a hoodie and sweatpants while I slather my Fage with Softsoap.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a lot of emails from stores pushing the whole "look hot at home" angle.  As in, don't stop buying our products just because the world is on lockdown.  And I think, well, I'm one of those people who dresses up all the time, but even I don't wear heels to do dishes.

I am getting a new perspective on clothes and the role they play in my life, though.  For example, it's weird how they can both expose and protect, kind of like a Madonna cone bra.  Or, for the non-icons among us, something as seemingly simple as a day-glo pink sweater.  The color exposes me/you as someone who's out there, but it protects me/you from others, too.  As in, don't-mess-with-this-mama, she's out there; leave her be with her out-there thoughts.   

In other words, like Colbert and those snarky sweatshirts, I was social distancing before it was cool.

Here's hoping that you go the distance too, whatever it means, whatever you do.

And also, in these days of isolation, that you don't morph into Dr. Seuss.

3 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

hope, this crazy time is over soon...

# Stay safe, healthy and virus free

Samantha said...

I love that blush top with the cherry print skirt!! The little pineapple is so cute and indeed, looks too-cool-for-school! The fruity unicorn necklace is so pretty and with all the sweet fruit in this post, it makes me look forward to summer! :)

Jewel Divas Style said...

Most of the shops have shut in my local hopping centre so our stores are on the bandwagon shoving their stuff down our throats via home delivery. Which I get, but it also means I'm not shopping.

Since the Aussie dollar went way down in the US I haven't bought anything from there, so no more caboodles and sassabys for the mo, and I haven't bought any clothes for months.

So two things going against me buying, lack of stuff to buy and bad conversion rates.