Monday, September 6, 2021

Savor the Labor: Red, White, and Blueberry

Skirt: H&M


Shoes: Impo, DSW

Top: So, Kohl's

Floral bangle: JCPenney; Strawberry bangle: B Fabulous; Red bangle: XOXO, ROSS; Ring and rainbow necklace: Cloud Nine, Ocean City

Shoes: Mix No. 6, DSW


Dress: Lily Rose, Kohl's

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Zulily

Dress: B. Smart, Kohl's

Bangles from left to right: Silver Linings, Ocean City; So, Kohl's; XOXO, ROSS

Bag: Nahui Ollin

Flip flops: Betsey Johnson, Macy's

Skirt: Candie's, Kohl's

Shoes: Ami Clubwear

Sunglasses: Party City; Yellow necklace: Sonoma, Kohl's; Headband: Marshalls; Bracelets: Madden Girl, Kohl's

Top: ELLE, Kohl's

Bag: Loop, Marshalls

Red Romance Fan Necklace

Not manual labor or delivery labor, but Labor Day labor -- or rather, play.  Because raspberries are red, blueberries are blue, and summer is sweet but over too soon.  My own holiday labors -- if you can call them that -- included making Americana-themed baubles and wearing my red, white, and blue best for the butterflies.  

As for festivities, the husband and I went to my parents' house yesterday and to Rita's tonight, where we enjoyed our treats outside by the light of the highway.  And that made for a big weekend for me because I'm almost always home.  Which reminds me of something my mom said last summer: the pandemic brings us back to a simpler time.  As in, there's nowhere to go, just like back in the day, so even a trip to the ice cream stand becomes special.  And however horrific the reason (i.e. a deadly, global virus of summer blockbuster proportions), slowing down and appreciating the extraordinary ordinary is a gift. 

So I hope your Labor Day weekend was lazy.  In other words, filled with fashion, fruit pies, and featherdown pillows for taking the very best naps.  

10 comments:

ellie said...

Spectacular outfits! Love the cherries and florals! Amazing shoe finds too! And those glorious bobbles! Yeap, most definitely had to take a nap after our little outing at lunch. Ugh, we were to eat out on the deck, but it was the 90's and the umbrella wasn't doing much for us. Someone wanted me to try a canned margarita which was a no-no..actually, I have no idea how that pie tasted, but maybe that was for the best. It's in someone else's fridge now.

I know..it was a surprise with Liam and Emily. It might have taken forever..otherwise. And there is nothing like small-town news and how it is more of an impact on others. As the news would go, we will get more of a perspective from others about Emily and Liam.

I hope you have a good week and are inspired to stay creative!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

So glad you were able to spend some time with family. While I was with mine, I found out from a phone call from my friend in PA that she does have COVID. She got vaccinated early on, but has been around her own parents (who are vaccinated) only her mom is a real social butterfly and since those are the only two she sees without a mask on..and later found out they have COVID..she'd hoped it was just a bad sinus infection.

So in love with the shoes you paired with these outfits. Such amazing colors, as always!

Hopefully, I haven't offended anyone with the Cyrus character. We are a little unusual..that's what gives us character. I used to know someone in the neighborhood who was fine as could be. Possibly, the most beautiful boy you could see and we enjoyed playing together. He'd just pop up it seemed out of nowhere. Then a couple hours later his mom would show up and suddenly her presence made him shut down. She would tell my mom about how many doctors she'd taken him too and each year he had to be tested. She didn't like the idea that some didn't think he was autistic at all.

Then recently, a co-worker was telling me about her brother who possibly will be always at home. Although, he's so witty and animated. Both of them have texture issues. He won't touch certain things and she can't eat anything wet.

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, thanks so much for this wonderful post! Loving the prints and florals. And those necklaces too!

Of course, I am not ready to go back to work..which means more extra hours..but Oh well..I should be glad.

Stay well! Thanks so much for being here. I so enjoy your wit and the voice of your writing.

Kathy Leonia said...

those shoes look so nice:D and comfy!

Quiet and Sun by Alexa said...

I love that dress from Lily Rose, pretty detail. I must agreedwith what your mom said. Simple things makes me more happy than they used too :)

Królowa Karo said...

In the first photo you look a bit like Snow White :)

Samantha said...

Love, love, love all these outfits!!! They are oh-so Labor Day themed with red white and blue, and the cherries, fruits and pies are the perfect summer holiday send-off (although of course, those go great any time of the year, but it's even more fitting with summer and end-of-summer!) I am especially loving your Mellow Yellow Nest barrette brooch! It's so fuzzy and sunny. Your new accessories are gorgeous and I love the behind-the-scenes look at your crafting table! The master at work. 😃 I love the butterfly graphics you added to the fourth photo, too. Lastly, I'm so happy that you had a relaxing and fun Labor Day weekend with your husband and family. What you said is so true: "As in, there's nowhere to go, just like back in the day, so even a trip to the ice cream stand becomes special...slowing down and appreciating the extraordinary ordinary is a gift." Well said! ❤️

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I always am amazed when I see that the dresses and shoes I admire the most in your posts come from Kohl's. I have never found anything I like there but obviously I like everything you find there. Such a cute sundress and shoes. Your red , white, and blueberry title is very clever....

Marzena T said...

Oh my, how beautiful this handbag in the first photo and the T-shirt: D You look beautiful!

Jewel Divas Style said...

Love the multi-coloured sandals, and the butterfly flip flops. So cute!

Ironically, even though I'm commenting now, we just had OUR labour day holiday here in my state of South Aus.