Friday, September 3, 2021

Stripe Life: Coloring Outside the Lines

Shoes: Mix No. 6, DSW


Top: Modcloth

Light blue flower clip: Claire's; Dark blue flower clips: Made by my sister

Top: Self Esteem, JCPenney


Skirt: Lily White, Kohl's

Shoes: So, Kohl's

Skirt: ELLE, Kohl's


Top: Monteau, TJ Maxx

Just when you think I couldn't say anything else about stripes, I pipe up with more pattern prattle.  The vertical ones make me think of the '70s, nautical wear, and, of course, circus tents.  And because vertical stripes are really just lines, they also bring to mind staying in line, coloring inside the lines, and that ever-popular military classic, toeing the line.  Last but certainly not least, vertical stripes evoke verticals, as in magazine columns.  (I learned that term from The Bold Type.  Even if I did just fall down a Reddit rabbit hole criticizing the drama's inaccurate portrayal of young journalists.  And here I thought its biggest problem was that stylist Sutton wore too many neutrals.)  Most of these, ahem, line items, are about following the rules.  But The Bold Type (in case you don't watch or can't tell from the title) is the exact opposite.  Its intrepid, truth-seeking trio never met a line that it didn't cross.  

Speaking of trios, I made three necklaces to go with these striped separates.  And then I made these earrings.  But I'm not modeling them because, as you know, I don't have pierced ears.  Also, ew.  Who wants to buy something that's been jammed through my cartilage? 


So here's to stripes and not toeing the line.  And to bold patterns, bold women, and bold everything everywhere.  

Except for the The Bold and the Beautiful.  That's a show that should disappear down a Reddit and real-life rabbit hole.  

8 comments:

ellie said...

Lovely stripes! And beautiful berry earrings too! I so adore those wedges.

I am out of the loop with a lot of shows these days. At one time I could talk up a storm about every New York based soap (Mainly those dramas that were written by those back east which I hate to be biased, but I thought they were much better with plot and script than those California soaps.) But the landscape of TV has changed a lot like being journalists. And of course..the Internet.

Hope you are having a great beginning of September. Thanks so much for the wonderful fashion too!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Wow! You wear it so well. Love those flower pins! So many pretty things. Love your BOLD! Such cool and interesting necklaces, as well. You are always inspiring!

Now you have caught my interest with the show you mentioned.

It looks like September is off to a great start!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh so clever! I love how you put the stripes in your outfits! Stripes on top and bottom! Love the little accents as well! So adoring your style!

Such a great title by the way. Thanks for being so BOLD!

Samantha said...

The stripes are super sweet!!! You wear them fantastically and it definitely adds a bold statement to each of your outfits! The blue flower piece in your hair with the blue sunglasses is so eye-catching and gorgeous (super cool that your sister made one of them!). Also the red roses with the red sunglasses! The third outfit has a really fun rockabilly vibe with the cat eye shades and pink flowers. I've always liked the look of colorful stripes in vertical formation! Lastly, your new jewelry pieces are divine; the necklaces have a cool southwest U.S. vibe going on that I love!! "Who wants to buy something that's been jammed through my cartilage?" had me laughing! Super cute earrings!!

ellie said...

P.s...about "Only a faceclaim"

Oh..this is more like a pre-writing exercise or picture writing after making a collage. Someone I used to know from the Polyvore site would write a little something about actresses as one of her own characters. I thought I would do something a little different and let the LockDown Diary rest for a while..and leave it on a good note. Thanks so much for the comment.

**********************************************

THE ORANGE COLLAGE...It wasn't easy finding a basketball on the Urstyle site and then orange and black just kept coming. Really it's interesting writing about two people who are so much alike and yet still friends...possibly in the most silent way. Jory and Dan's history is similar. They were both adopted and ended up being the only child. They both have a sister. Jory's is older and Dan's is younger. Nowadays I think Halloween reigns a good 2 months.

FRANKIE ALONG WITH PIX AND BEA...might be taking over for a bit on the storyblog. Lets hope I remember somebody is having a baby.

Thanks again for all your comments! I hope you guys get to have a nice holiday with friends and family..if possible.

Marzena T said...

I think Bob is happy with this decoration

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love stripes and I love all those fabulous colors! Your outfits are always dazzling and fun..

Jewel Divas Style said...

Agree about B&B, it's been trash fro quite some time now.

The blocks and beads necklace remind me of a chocolate freckles.