Sunday, December 12, 2021

Ginger Snap Wrap

A few days before Thanksgiving, I found myself ordering a can of cranberry sauce from Target (I was making a JELL-O mold).  To complete the order, I had to spend thirty-five dollars, so I thought, why not stock up on Christmas wrapping supplies?  So I did, and the paper I was most excited about was this one exploding with gingerbread people.  Two days later, the cranberry sauce arrived with everything else -- except the gingerbread paper.  I tracked it, and the status came up as damaged.  I shrugged and figured it wasn't coming.  

Last week, I started wrapping with the paper I had.  That was another thing.  Unlike last year and the year before that, I was not waiting until the last minute.  Who needs to wrestle with Scotch tape and weirdly shaped packages with Krampus Rudolf's Type A dad breathing down her neck?  Not this girl.  I was going to take my time and carefully wrap and decorate each and every gift while cheesy Christmas movies played in the background.  And that's just what I did.  

A couple of days ago, I was nearing the end when a pole-shaped package arrived on my doorstep.  A few swipes with a scissors revealed my beloved -- and undamaged -- gingerbread people.  As far as Christmas miracles go, I know it's a weak one.  But I'll take it.  


On that note, I hope your wrapping is going gangbusters and that no anthropomorphic baked goods were harmed in the process.

Also, that you outrun Krampus.

6 comments:

ellie said...

All I have in a horrible green that someone picked up a forever ago and it's hiding somewhere..shhh..I might have tossed it..hahahaha. Oh such lovely wrapping you do. Most of mine is in the bag..I'm afraid. We do actually have a Christmas Wrapping Station at the library..so I could go there..but what if I lost the Christmas presents? Oh, the worries of the holidays. I certainly love the gingerbread wrapping paper🎁🤞

Thanks so much for your comments. Oh, it was interesting to see what some people had to say about Lynsey. And like you said we really have to be honest with our partners.

This weekend I got to work with someone who has a wife. She has shared more than once about her wife. She's our new children's assistant who has stepped up so much these days compared to the other Children's Assistants who usually leave because they can't get along with the Children's Librarian. It was good to talk with her. And she said they'd decided to make homemade gifts for each other this year. Then I found out somebody from my family decided homemade gifts was the way to go this year. Which I'm on board with.

Of course, I have a few more market totes to make.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

What a lovely room of presents🎄🎁🤞 Oh, so great to have all that wrapping wrapped up. I'm thinking of the Waitress' song which is my favorite x-mass song. I know a far cry from a true Christmas Carol. But I can dance about while I'm wrapping...What a wonderful post!

Well, I have been a little iffy about Frankie and Bea (but I still wanted it to happen). Should they or shouldn't they? It is complicated and of course, I'm not sure the reader (since they see the face claims) will be on board for such a pair, but it's always great to see more couples who don't fit the cookie-cutter out there. (I did look at MODCLOTH which I love, but haven't gone to the site in forever..I didn't notice BEA..but she might be there) Of course, I had to look at Forever21..I do love their Hello Kitty campaign💕 Thank you so much for your encouragement and thanks for reading. And thanks so much for being here..so Merry & Bright🎁

Ivy's Closet said...

I am so sure who is getting your packages are going to be thrilled🎁

I have done more shopping at CVS than anywhere..I think..this season. I got reusable bags there too. Some of the gifts or more family goodies than anything. But I do have a few items I need to wrap.

Wednesday is the "city" luncheon. Many are wondering why we are having it. A lot of us don't want to go to it. But others do. There will be prizes. Oh, these dangerous holidays.

I hope you are staying well, and getting in that Christmas reading and much much more. All the best to the baking too. My favorite fudge is basically Chocolate frosting and peanutbutter mixed together. Or just give me a jar ot Nuttella.

Samantha said...

That wrapping paper is the CUTEST!!! What a miracle indeed that it arrived after all, and undamaged, at that! I laughed at the "Rudolf's Type A dad" and "Krampus" reference - LOL! Your craft room is an absolute dream. And nothing beats wrapping gifts with cheesy Christmas movies playing in the background!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

It's so much fun to visit your site and when I saw the gingerbread people wrap I got really excited. Gingerbread people are my favorite in any decoration or of any cookie! I used to read a the little storybook to my kids ," Run Run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread man" I think I loved it and the illustrations as much as them. I hope you get to use your wrap it this year, but you will have it for next year. I love your room . I'm guessing its a craft room. Hope your holidays are wonderful..

Jewel Divas Style said...

We stopped with the paper a long time ago, as there's no one to wrap a present for, but mum's still got a few rolls lying around that she won't get rid of "in case".