Thursday, December 30, 2021

Sunset Duet of Poinsettias

Tights: Hue, Amazon

Scrunchie: Ella & Elly, Zulily; Rhinestones necklaces: Macy's; Yellow necklace: So, Kohl's

Dress: Xhilaration, Target

Bag: Wet Seal

Sweater: Kohl's

Fabulous Felt Red Poinsettia Barrette

Shoes: Katy Perry Collection

I postponed this post because I was holding out for a pic with my Christmas palm tree.  But technical difficulties (I'm talking to you, bum extension cord) put the kibosh on that pipe dream.  So here's my festive foliage in the form of, not palms, but poinsettias.  

I wore the dress on Christmas day (yes, it's the same style as my red one!) and the sweater and jeans on Christmas Eve.  Which is kind of funny, because when I was a kid, it was the other way around.  Christmas Eve was dress up time, whereas Christmas was more like an all-day pajama party.  But this year we opened gifts with my nieces and nephew on Christmas Eve, and that was definitely a sweater occasion.  So I saved the dress for Christmas dinner with the husband and my parents.  

I like the poinsettia print on the dress because it kind of looks like needlepoint.  And I like the poinsettia barrette because, well, I made it.  No false modesty here!   

The sun may be setting on Christmas, but this blog is a hothouse of holiday horticulture.

In other words, I haven't given up on that palm pic.     

9 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, such a lovely dress! Amazing sweater too! Love how you make the colors pop. I'm afraid I didn't wear anything too fancy anywhere. After all, we had egg-nog to get to. Yet it seems all a blur now with all the drama at work. First is was the homebound librarian to go home with COVID. Then another co-worker who was taking a day or two off (Head of circ) and she got a phone call she was exposed to COVID while the second in command was carrying the torch..after all, our 2 guys are in their last week moving on to better jobs. Before we know it..she gets a call...she goes home takes her home test and she's got COVID. I feel like I'm in limbo. The L gardens has shut down due to staff shortage. Oh, and who know what might happen by tomorrow with the snow storm on the way.....BTW I did pick up the SECOND CHANCE book you mentioned. It was on our new books shelf at the library!

Wishing you a wonderful New Year with fashion, creative projects and more. Stay safe and happy! & thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Ivy's Closet said...

I so love this dress! Amazing find! Oh, I love the Christmas cheer you bring. Looking forward to the Palm Tree episode soon!

Oh, I might have gone off the deep end with Bren..but it is strange how we can certainly shock ourselves sometimes. Also, I was listening to 'tis the damn season by Taylor Swift. It has been interesting bringing Bren and Mario together. Of course, Rico might end up with someone new. Perhaps, he's not your typical teenager.

Wishing you a beautiful and safe new year! Thanks so much for being here!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Ugh..I swear I haven't been spiking the nog..just working too many hours..I might have messed up a link...or no link at all...

Happy New Year's wishing lots of love, laughter and joy this new year! Happy reading too! and of course more colorful outfits and broches too!

Ivy's Closet said...

Such fantastic outfits! Adoring your attire! Lovely little extra touches too!


Here's to a beautiful new year with lots of sweet surprises! Thanks so much for being YOU!

Peace everyday!

Kinga K. said...

I like your first look ❤

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

LOVE this ensemble! The tights and the shoes are fabulous. That bag! Happy New Year!

Samantha said...

Oh my gosh, that DRESS!!!!! You're certainly right that it looks like needlepoint! It's absolutely gorgeous (poinsettias are stunning and even more so on this dress!) It matches your barrette perfectly - beautiful work. The rhinestones are the perfect touch! Lastly, your SHOES are absolutely adorable!!! The sweater-with-jeans outfit is super cute and festive with your Christmas purse. The accessories are beautiful too; I love that hot pink necklace! That's so fun that you wore both outfits for the different occasions. You look marvelous in both!!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

You certainly look festive and decked out in poinsettias. Hope your Christmas was wonderful and memorable.

Jewel Divas Style said...

A Christmas tree bag! What don't you have?