Saturday, August 26, 2023

Engineering Excitement: The Better to Hear You With

When I heard that Ali Hazelwood wrote a collection of rom com short fiction, I thought, how is she going to cram all that will-they-won't-they tension into a hundred words?  Because that's the average length of each novella.  But -- spoiler alert! -- the trio of tales in Loathe to Love You delivers all the slow-burn, enemies-to-lovers romance of a full-length novel without the pesky backslide into conflict.  Three engineer besties battle the patriarchy -- and themselves -- to find bliss with their nerds in shining armor.  As with every Hazelwood heartthrob, these dudes are no poindexters, boasting, along with mega-brains, brawn.  Better yet, they aren't afraid to use their most important body parts of all: their ears.  Because there are few things more seductive than a man who actually listens.  

What more can a modern woman want?

5 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, it does look like a delight! From a fun cover to even more fun in the pages. Your review made me smile (✿◕‿◕✿) Oh, it all starts with listening!(✿◡‿◡) Thanks so much for your comments! It has been a scorcher here as of late. Hopefully, we are over it. But I have been making plenty of cold brew coffee to get me through it. And of course, I have been hoping to find time to write about weddings too..and of course about Chili as well. On top of that, I found a silly photo of somebody in a beard. Although, I don't think it's real.

Caitlin&Megan said...

Such a delightful review. OH, this author has a way of wanting to savor her wonderful characters and plots and so on in her romcoms. Which we definitely need during this long hot and unpredictable summer.🌈🍒❤️🍒🌈🍒❤️Thanks for your comments..Oh, I find myself scheming at times, and then I keep coming back to certain characters too. Thanks again for your inspiring ways and style. All the best to your August!

Samantha said...

How cute!!! That's awesome that it has three rom-com short stories in it - and even better that they don't backslide into conflict! And indeed, how nice it is when a man listens - these heartthrobs sound dreamy! 💖✨

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, Hazelwood! You just get bubbly when you read her! This is such a fun review! I adore the title. Yes, she really gives a whole new meaning to THE BIG BANG THEORY! I love this!💕💕💕💕🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🌈🌈🌈🌈💕💕💕☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️ Thank you so much for your fantastic reads and more! Thanks for your comments too. I can hardly wait to read your comments! Thank you for all that you do! Such a fabulous blog you have💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

Kinga K. said...

Listening to people is very important...