Sunday, April 28, 2024

Cold Hold: You Scream, I Scream, We All Scheme for Ice Cream

Time for another bite-sized book review!

It's a rocky road to whodunit in Lee Hollis's Death of an Ice Scream Scooper.  On an innocent mission to score some Sea Salt Caramel, Bar Harbor food columnist-turned-restauranteur Hayley Powell discovers the body of a coed in an ice cream truck.  What follows is a trail of twists and turns as unexpected as Bar Harbor Ice Cream's Blueberry Basil Sorbet and Thai Chili Coconut.  So, one scoop (or two or three) at a time, Hayley moves in on the cold-hearted killer. 

And with that, this reviewer's verdict is in: detecting has never been so delicious! 🍨🍧🍦

3 comments:

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, it does sound delightfulπŸ’•πŸ©·πŸŒˆ Thanks for your comments. At least my weekend is done at the library. And we didn't have to shelter in place. Of course, we had our hiccups with some on everything from locked DVD cases that were taken home after self-checkout and ummmm..bed bugs!

Thanks for your comments. Oh, I was so happy to find "weezer" on Pinterest! & of course, I can see if he and Elvis will ever be friends (✿◡‿◡)..so I guess I have a theme of switching it up this summer in my story blogs...but don't worry..no cross overs just yet....

ellie said...

Oh, this book is really making me want ice cream! It does look like a delicious mystery, indeed 🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍧

Thanks so much for reading and commenting. Yes, Maddie has moved on..and Rafe..well, maybe Ruby will whip him into place..or he might be the best friend she never had until now. Rafe of course, is a teenager and of course, he is finding that nobody seems to understand him at home.

I hope things are going well for you. I found out I can't seen and endocrologist until August. It didn't help much with my fickle insurance and even this new place I have been going too haven't done all that much, either. Oh, and there is that root canal I have to get done soon. I still have have some swelling in my left lower cheek. Always something...

Samantha said...

What a cute concept for a whodunit!! 🍨🍧🍦 A book centered around mystery and ice cream? Yes, please! And of course, the book cover is totally awesome! πŸ’–