Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Growing Gains: Keeping it (Mostly) Casual

Jacket and top: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's; Jeans: Sonoma, Kohl's

Daffodil fill from the husband.

Necklace: Mixit, JCPenney

Wreath: Michaels

Bag: INC, Macy's; Jeans: Sonoma, Kohl's; Shoes: Wanted, Modcloth

Sweater: Alfani (for men!): Macy's

Dress: City Studio, Macy's; Bag: Delia's, Dolls Kill

Wreath: Michaels

Barrettes: SHEIN; Necklaces: Charming Charlie, Francesca's

As baby girl grows, denim continues to dominate.  Except for when all my jeans are dirty and I turn to leggings and a dress, denim's opposite.  Another recurring wardrobe character?  My yellow Wanted flats, as seen in the first two outfits.  Mounting maternity responsibilities mean dressing for more outings.  I wore the first fit to run errands, the second to attend a labor basics class, and the third to LabCorp.  This week I'll be at it again with a baby basics class (where, fingers crossed, I'll finally learn how to change a diaper!) and a detailed growth scan of the baby.  I hope that she's the Goldilocks of little girls, not too big but not too small.  So far she's been on the small side.  Which is good for delivery.  But worrisome when it comes to potentially ending up in the NICU.  

Which I hope doesn't happen for normal health reasons -- but also so she can wear all her outfits. πŸŽ€πŸ‘Ά

5 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Such an exciting time. Keep the outfits comfortable! Such a pretty tulip wreath for the spring.

ellie said...

Oh, you make each outfit rock! Love the color pallet. Wonderful pinks and greens and yellows with that denim. Spring has been on the chilly here. Yet, hot indoors at the library. Recently..I finally dug in my SPAM section and found the wonderful comment you left me from Poppy's Wedding about your own wedding. That is so great! Thanks so much for your comments. Hopefully, as the stories move forward there will be new beginnings and hopefully discoveries that make one make better choices. Honestly, I hadn't been waiting for Ruby to come into the picture and yet I realised..oh I can't just leave her behind. Yet Rafe may have fallen from the frying pan into the fire..so to speak.🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 all the best to the weeks ahead. Stay comfortable , healthy and keep smiling.

Ivy's Closet said...

Such a beautiful wardrobe. So enjoying your inspiring jackets and tops with the denim. Awesome makeup too. Sending positive vibes to good health for the both of you. Stay comfortable and love those yellow flats! Awesome to see your post. Heres to good reading, fruits, veg and good protien.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

So lovely! You make flats wonderful! Sweet little things! All the best to growing and getting to those classes! Such a lovely post and adoring your inspiration. And you are in my thoughts and prayers that all goes splendidπŸ’•πŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸ§πŸ§πŸ§πŸ©·πŸ©·πŸ©·πŸ©·

Samantha said...

The yellow theme of your first outfit is so sunny and cheerful!! πŸ’› I absolutely ADORE your geometric sweater - it's so nostalgically '80s/early '90s! The side ponytail is the cherry on top. The fruit hair clips are so fun and look great in your hair! Lastly, best of luck with your baby basics classes. They sound like a great preparation for what's ahead, and I definitely hope she's the Goldilocks of little girls! πŸΌπŸ‰πŸπŸ₯•