Friday, July 9, 2010

New Accessories in Bloom: Garden Party Chokers





Last summer, during my downtime at a craft fair, I made myself a couple of pretty little chokers using paper flowers, pins, and satin ribbon. Although I've been wearing them proudly all year long, it wasn't until last night that I got around to making a batch to sell. Lo and behold, these versions are even better than the prototypes, because the bf singed the ends of each ribbon with a torch to prevent fraying! (I was too chicken to do it myself.) I was mesmerized, staring at the crisply sealed diagonal ribbon ends. Truth be told, the bf is the practical brains behind the Tote Trove operation; if I relied on my creative whims alone, then something would surely have gone awry! Anyhow, I'll be putting these Garden Party Chokers out for sale at the Haddonfield Crafts and Fine Art Festival this weekend. If there aren't any takers, then you know where to find them.

No comments: