Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tangy Treats


The bf brought us two pieces of this luscious-looking lemon-lime jelly roll cake from the inimitable Aversa's bakery a couple of nights ago. I'm happy to report that it was as tasty as it was pretty. As ever, the bf remains in elusive pursuit of the gorgeous and colorful seven-layer cake we spied on an Aversa's jaunt almost a year ago. Our day will come.


Last Sunday I finally got around to making these lime coolers I found on cooks.com. I was searching for fruity, summery, nonalcoholic drinks because I'd recently indulged in a mai tai and was reminded that I don't actually like cocktails, just the trimmings. Anyway, as usual, I couldn't leave well enough alone, dumping in the entire 12 oz of lime concentrate instead of measuring out the suggested 3 oz. Let's just say both the bf and I puckered up after the first sip, and not in the good way. If you want to give these a try (the right way), then here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 (3 oz.) can frozen limeade concentrate
1 1/2 c. milk, chilled
1/2 pt. vanilla ice cream
1/2 pt. lime sherbet

Directions:

Blend limeade concentrate, milk, and vanilla ice cream with beater or in blender. Pour into tall chilled glasses. Top with 1 scoop lime sherbet. Yields 3 servings.

No comments: