Sunday, December 27, 2009

I Guess it was Tasty . . .



. . . because we ate most of it! Christmas morning my mom made this baked egg casserole with three eggs (I've made it also for the bf; it's most decadent). I brought over my baked pineapple casserole. The bf and I were supposed to eat it for dessert with vanilla ice cream on Christmas Eve but were too stuffed from our too-large dinner. I apologize for taking the pictures after we dug in, but Christmas morning being what it is, it couldn't be avoided. Anyway, here are the recipes if you're interested. I think both of them came from one of the Hammonton Kessler Hospital cookbooks (Cooking on Call maybe? Not sure.)

Baked Eggs With Three Cheeses

Ingredients:

7 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tsp sugar
1 lb shredded cheddar
4 oz cream cheese (cubed)
1 lb small curd cottage cheese
2/3 cup butter (melted)
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder

Directions:

Beat eggs, milk, and sugar. Add cheeses and melted butter and mix. Add flour and baking powder and pour into greased 9" x 9" Pyrex pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.

Baked Pineapple

Ingredients:

1 large can crushed pineapple
1 cup sugar
2 tbs cornstarch
2 beaten eggs
3 slices bread torn into very small pieces
cinnamon (to taste - I use McCormick's cinnamon and sugar mix)
butter (to taste)

Directions:

Mix crushed pineapple with sugar and cornstarch. Beat eggs and add to pineapple mixture. Mix in bread pieces. Place in greased 9" x 9" Pyrex dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon, dot with butter, and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until set.

No comments: