Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mini Cheesecakes


Last week we had our office holiday party, and I signed up to make these mini, fruit-topped cheesecakes. My mom made them every Easter when I was little. More recently, I made them for one of my sister's Fourth of July parties, which was where I met the bf. I remember him gobbling up several and declaring that they were delicious. (Do boys "declare?" Maybe that wasn't the right word. He probably just said they were tasty or something.) Anyway, I figured they'd go over well and withstand sitting out for a couple of hours better then a JELL-O mold. So, without further ado:

Ingredients:

2 8-oz packages cream cheese
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon vanilla
32 vanilla wafers
fruit toppings of your choice (I used cherry and blueberry pie fillings and pineapple preserves. Pineapple sundae topping is better, but Acme was all out.)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine ingredients, then beat with an electric mixture. Line two muffin pans with cupcake wrappers, drop a vanilla wafer into each wrapper, and pour batter into each. Bake for 13-15 minutes, depending on your oven. Cheesecakes will be done when knife comes out of the middle clean. Let cool, then top with fruit.

No comments: