Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Finally Learned How to Back Up This Blog!

Remember a few posts ago when I was whining about my lack of knowledge concerning blog backup? (To recap, I was planning to save all my content on a CD. Talk about embarrassing.) Well, after a quick Google search I found a fabulous tech blog, The Original Blogger Tips and Tricks, that offered an easy answer. Although I'm sure most of you tech-savvy bloggers already know this, I'll spill the beans for any poor souls out there who share my ignorance. In Blogger, go to your Dashboard. Click the Settings tab. Three options will appear: Import Blog, Export Blog, and Delete Blog. Click on Export Blog. Name the file, and your entire blog will be saved as an XML file to your hard drive! Then, if your blog ever crashes or is compromised by a hacker, you would choose Import Blog and browse for the file. I'm so excited. I've already backed up my blog today and can't wait to keep backing it up after each new post.

I'll be sure to read some more of "The Original Blogger Tips and Tricks" to learn how to correct those pesky HTML errors. I'll let you know what I find!

2 comments:

Jewel Divas Style said...

Fantastic! I'll be doing that today.

The Tote Trove said...

Great! So glad someone could use this info :)