Sunday, May 29, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: In the Pink With Old Friends and New

Fabulous Felt Hot Pink Bow Necklace

Pink Sequin Butterfly Necklace

Magenta Sequin Butterfly Necklace


Fabulous Felt Pink Bow Necklace

It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Super Diva! That's what people will say when they spot you in these super girly, super glitzy Sequin Butterfly Necklaces!

That's the opener for my Sequin Butterfly Necklace item listings. I'm trying to jazz them up by getting away from the (self-written) boilerplate templates I've become too comfortable using.

Hey, you may be thinking, haven't I seen that light pink bow necklace before? Yep. But I gave away the first one I made and naturally felt the need to replace it. Then I made an inside out version too, with a hot pink background and light pink details. As for the sequin butterfly necklaces, they were inspired by some little girls' masks I'd bought at Target ages ago. Standing there in the party aisle I knew they were special, but I didn't know what to do with them. (I know we've all been there, be the object of desire an impractical, toe-murdering pair of shoes or a clearanced, particularly disarming jack-o-lantern in the middle of July.) I made their acquaintance again just yesterday while half-heartedly trying to organize my craft room, and thought, hmm, I could mount these suckers onto some black felt and add pretty ribbons fabulous felt necklace-style. And so I did.

No comments: