Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Might of the Iguana: Think Pink

Top: Bongo, Sears

Belt: B Fabulous; Bag: Sleepyville Critters, Amazon; Black and white bracelet: Mixit, JCPenney; Bow: Carole, JCPenny; Blue bracelet: Cloud Nine, Ocean City; Ring: Mixit, JCPenney

Dress: Everly, Modcloth

Tights: Zulily

Belt: Belt is Cool, Amazon; Flower barrette: Cappelli, ULTA; Pink bracelets: So, Kohl's; Pink pendant: H&M; Light pink bangle: Don't Ask, Zulily; Sparkly bangle: Target; Mermaid keychain: Ella & Elly, Zuily; Dragon bangles: Simply Vera, Kohl's; Heart ring: Candie's, Kohl's; Flower bracelet: Belk's 

Top and skirt: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Tights: Hue, Amazon

Blue bangle: Mixit, JCPenney; Yellow and striped bangles: B Fabulous; Red ring: Making Waves, Ocean City; Bag: T-Shirt & Jeans, Kohl's; Blue ring: Michaels; Boots: 2 Lips Too, JCPenney

Dress: Lily Rose, Kohl's

I don't know much about the might of the iguana because I've never had to wrangle it -- or any other reptile -- unless you count trying to get through Tennessee Williams's "Night of the Iguana" in college.  But in that classic, albeit creepy play, the scaly rapscallion in question isn't so much a pest as a symbol of freedom.  And as such, its likeness in this colorful (Sleepyville!) critter clutch makes fashion freedom worth fighting for.  Take that, school uniforms!

Bag: Sleepyville Critters, Amazon

Now, I didn't go to private school, which means that I was free to wear stretch pants and vests far longer than I should have.  But clothes were always important to me, and I felt sorry for anyone forced to wear a standard-issue, identity-stripping skirt and polo.  Even in the lawless halls of pubic school, I wasn't allowed to wear my hat -- a red and white flower-adorned, floral-print cloche that would've been the envy of Blossom -- on picture day.  I still remember the shame of 1) being called out for trying to break the rules and 2) lacking the nerve to go through with the rebellion.  If only I could've tossed my hat high in the air post picture like Mary Tyler Moore (apparently, my idea of badassery looks like a beloved '70s sitcom).  So private school prisoners and hat fans everywhere, this declaration of outfit independence is for you.  

That said, think pink for now but stand by for flag flair, because Memorial Day's right around the corner.  

Iguana, I love when you become a chameleon.

10 comments:

bread&salt said...

Dear friend! I like "Lily dress". Also, i agree with you that when iguana becomes a chamelon. Have a wonderful day

Rocío G. Tizón said...

Very nice! I'm your follower #120. May you follow me back?
Have a nice day!

ellie said...

LOL..flag hair! Oh that's me. So love all these floral dresses. And the one sleeve one...Amazing! I love pink too. My co-workers are all green and one who loves orange..oh and my boss..Big Red or go home. Such great treasures you find.

Honestly, I love a good beret! Especially waiting for that moment to toss in the air!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

So love your style. Love the floral theme and then the iguna popping up! Awesome! Love your tribute to Mary Tyler Moore too. She was so independent in her fashion of her times...or perhaps she could just wear anything well. I hope you have a wonderful Memorial weekend!

Ivy's Closet said...

So great to hear you love pink! Love these dresses and your stockings and shoes too! You certainly find some beautiful and unique apparel. Thanks so much for your comments too. Love hearing from you. All the best to a fantastic summer.

Kathy Leonia said...

your style is so epic and amazing:)

Cherry Blossoms said...

Oh, you know how to make an outfit bloom! Love your commentary too!

Better Left Unsaid said...

Your hair is so long! I love you can do so many things with it. Beautiful floral. & I love those yellow pumps!

Samantha said...

Gosh that first dress is gorgeous!!! (They all are of course, but that one is super extra gorgeous!) Okay, that iguana purse is too darn cute! I love the burst of colors and that shade of green with the blue. Love that side bun and hot pink accents in the second outfit, and the dusty rose shade of pink in the third! The accessory shot is terrific and is that a Junior Mints brooch I spy?!? The cactus and cowboy boots shot is lovely with the blue. Finally, I love this floral-print cloche hat you speak of!!! I always thought Blossom was super cool. 😃 Cheers to outfit independence!

Jewel Divas Style said...

I'll say it again, your bag collection is as awesome as your shoe collection.