Sunday, May 2, 2021

Geek Peek Seeks Tweak: Go Get Those Goggles, Cowboy

We all know that things aren't always what they seem.  For instance, lots of people think that guys who wear glasses have more brains than brawn.  But this sticker from Tools Plus that arrived with the husband's new sander or whatever suggests otherwise.  He saved it for me because he knew I'd like it.  And I do!  The bespectacled mop top of a cartoon man seems to be saying, I don't always sit around reading Lord of the Rings; I can work a power saw better than the more manly Property Brother.  Just don't tell my mom.   

I too received a mailbox surprise associated with eyewear.  A pair of children's sunglasses!  Now, I didn't know they were for children.  I ordered them from Zulily without questioning that small, heart-shaped sunnies with tiny pineapples printed on the back would be intended for anyone older than ten.  

But once I realized that they wouldn't fit on my face, I decided to wear them around my neck -- as a necklace!  Yes, some wire and rainbow beads later I had a one-of-a-kind accessory that looked as if it'd come from a claw machine or -- where else? -- a Jersey shore tee shirt shack. 


Because like those beloved '80s toys-turned-Michael-Bay-movie-mascots known as Transformers, anything has the power to become something else.  And -- yes -- be more than meets the eye.  

Well, except for gauchos -- the pants, not the South American cowboys.  

Those will always be awful.

11 comments:

Vicky Cahyagi said...

Unique and cute glasses. I followed your blog now. Thx

bread&salt said...

Eyewear you showed in the post so cute. What an amazing idea that wearing it with necklace. Have a wonderful newweek

ellie said...

Oh, the gauchos.. How could I have forgotten the gauchos LOL.. That's so nifty about the shades. Very cool necklace. Such a fun post that kept me smiling!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

LOL..I loved the beginning..oh those brainy men. They like to stay late and sleep in too..(just my observation) Those shades are so charming. I am glad you made that delightful necklace. You definitely know how to create style and love it!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, you do know how to mix it up in the sweetest way! Love those shades! Thanks for the wonderful fun this morning. Making my Monday even better. On a sad note..well, I did have an old dog who's name was Mojo. Unfortunately, she didn't make it right before the pandemic, but she was a great companion.

Kathy Leonia said...

this look is so spring:)

Kathy Leonia said...

it looks so good;)

all types recepies and desert said...

Very nice

Tanza Erlambang said...

last photo looks so attractive... love eyeglasses.

have a wonderful day

Samantha said...

The tools plus sticker is sooooo cute!!! I love how he's peaking over the top, and I also love the inner monologue you gave him! And wow, you totally found a way to make those cute sunglasses work! How creative is that!! They are the ultimate statement in their new life as a necklace. 💛

Jewel Divas Style said...

That's what I love about repurposing!