Friday, May 14, 2021

Scenic Route Cute: Meet Me at the Lake House

Top: Marshalls; Skirt: Dollhouse, Macy's; Shoes: Impo, DSW; Bag: LC Lauren Conrad: Kohl's; Belt: Belt is Cool, Amazon; Green bracelet: Cloud Nine, Ocean City; Yellow bracelet: So, Kohl's; Sunglasses: Michaels; Flower barrettes: Made by my sister

First came the cactus.  


Then the palm tree.

Palm Coastest With the Mostest Barrette Brooch

And now the pine tree!


Clearly, I'm a sucker for a series, especially one involving a boss biome (not to be confused with Biodome, even if Pauly at the Jersey Shore would be a good spokesman for the beach) like a desert, beach, or forest.  What can I say?  Making these not-so-little scenic accessories makes me happy.  

So, whether your happy place is a Winnebago worthy of Willie Nelson, a beach shack, a Keanu-inhabited lake house, or even a surreal structure from a '90s B movie, then there's an oversized great escape of a barrette brooch for you.  I, ahem, pine for the I Pine for You Barrette Brooch so much (and not just because Keanu kicks ass compared to Pauly and Willie) that I almost wish I were the kind of girl who enjoyed camping or even glamping.

I guess that's the power of Pine-Sol.

8 comments:

bread&salt said...

Dear friend! Colors are so lovely, friendliy, they match the season of spring. I love them. Especialy palm tree is beautiful.

Evi Erlinda said...

The shoes look so gorgeous!
The brooch looks lovely. Indeed, the pine is powerful and the pine sol as well :)

ellie said...

Lovely broaches! Such a great series for even the seasons! Awesome outfit too! Such a wonderful post! Happy Weekend! & all the best to your creativity!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Such an awesome outfit. Love the accessories too! Lovely colors in those broaches. Love it! & of course, your commentary too!

Ivy's Closet said...

Adoring this post. Such a great skirt and belt with that blouse. Summer ready for a road trip! Lovely sunset/sunrise to the broaches too. So glad you made all 3. So creative. Thanks so much for your comments too. Thanks for being here!

Kinga K. said...

Amazing skirt ❤

Tanza Erlambang said...

when I was teenage, I enjoy camping too...

love cactus ....


Happy weekend

Samantha said...

I love your outfit; it looks so adventure-ready! The series of barrettes are adorable; I love how each of them have a destination theme (desert, beach, and mountain/lake. They're like little paintings! (Love the celebrity shoutouts, especially Pauly Shore!)