Friday, August 20, 2021

Some Stuff So Nice I Wore it Twice: Pairs and Pears, No Gala for You


Flower clip: Capelli ULTA; Necklace: Amrita Singh, Zulily

Chase & Chloe, Zulily

Skirt: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Bag: Zulily; Sunglasses: Amazon; Rings: Express; Bangle: Don't Ask, Zulily; Flower clip: Claire's


Yellow bangle: Mixit, JCPenney; Coral bangle: Silver Linings, Ocean City; Floral bangle: Zulily; Chartreuse ring: Claire's; Flower Ring: Seahorse Designs, Etsy; Parrot ring: Francesca's; Wristlet: City Streets, JCPenney

Flip flops: Katy Perry Collections (They smell like coconuts!)

Skirt and top: So, Kohl's


Top: One, Marshalls

Shoes: Katy Perry Collection

Shorts: Merona, Target

Bangles: B Fabulous; Sunglasses: Party City; Bag: Ella & Elly, Amazon


Shoes: Impo, DSW

Top: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Red bangle: XOXO, ROSS; Wristlet: Circus by Sam Edelman, Kohl's; Sunglasses: Wild Fable, Target

Ah, Hawaii.  The pineapples, the poi, and the party-time prints.  It's like summer in a bottle.  Or a message in a bottle -- a cinch to get in, but a bitch to get out.  Much like that bottle, Hawaiian shirt time has rolled around again (two years in, and it's a thing).  Because even if summer is ending, I refuse to renounce my hot tropics togs.  

I had such fun mixing these patterns, the cherry florals and banana palm trees, the blue Hawaii blooms and jade tiki huts.  All of these clothes are old except the turquoise top and skirt, which I got this summer.  Although they're a matched set, each piece was sold separately, which was nice because it meant that I could get different sizes.  Smaller on top and bigger on bottom, I'm no stranger to the pear-shaped game.  Speaking of which, in the third outfit, I'm wearing a pear in my hair.

Fabulous Felt Banana, Pear, and Apple Barrette

I sold its twin some years ago, but this one lives on in my tresses.  On Antiques Roadshow, one of those bow-tied appraisers would be all, ah yes, you can tell that this is an early Tote Trove piece because of the rhinestones, which the artist didn't use much in later years, and also because there's an absence of a stem on the bananas.  It's a little crude, but it has a kind of carnival glamour.  Conservatively speaking, on today's market, I think you could get a bushel of apples for it.  Red delicious of course, not gala.   

Which is fine with me as long as no one has to bob for them in this COVID -- or any other -- climate.  Bobbing for apples is nasty.

12 comments:

ellie said...

Oh Hawaii! Lovely summer outfits..which I would keep wearing until at least November these days. You know, global warming and all. We don't get snow these days until January it seems. So many pretty things to adore. Love your heart shaped shades!

My weekend at the library which will not be as fun as some might think. Lots of checking in and double-checking in books. Recently, we had two boys show up. One tall and geeky and the other a bit short who really went head-on to start a commotion. They went into the stacks and switched books around for starters. Then ran around the library like wild toddlers. Just when we reprimanded them to keep their shirts on and their behavior we thought they left, but instead they had a shouting match in the restroom how awful the library was. We are not a soundproof place..because the building is still hanging on since the 70's. So they are band from the library. But keeping them out is a whole different matter. And we still don't have their names. They don't have library cards.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, this was great! Love each outfit. Those are such great shoe finds, too! Beautiful florals! Lovely broch too! Glad you guys are having some beautiful summer days I hope. It's been a little stormy here, but no remains of a Hurricane have been through here.

I finally got around to making the cake I should have for my birthday. Mainly Jello pudding. Of course, I could never find those one-dollar cookies but I went with a shortbread cookie in the filling and used the leftover Nutella icing. It wasn't bad. Of course, I enjoyed a little of it.

Thanks for the beautiful post! You are amazing with color!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, what a fun one! Lovely outfits. So many wonderful bobbles! Truly August is a great time to celebrate. Even we are having a parade this weekend in our little town "Arrows to Aerospace" Supposedly we are. Signs are up about the parade. Bands will march and old men in little cars will take over Main street. And Candy!

Um..about the Maxie situation (Lockdown Diary) I just went with Tobey and Bailey this week.

It looks like you are having a wonderful August. I have a feeling you have some spectacular Autumn delights too.

Marzena T said...

I really like your outfits. They are so cheerful and colorful that it's nice to look at. I definitely need to give my clothes style more of these colors

Królowa Karo said...

How colorful and energetic!

ellie said...

I will confess if I like something in my wardrobe I wear it until I can't find it again. Which also happens. I know I should really comb my wardrobe and get rid of some things, but I'm also bad at hanging on to certain things that have good memories too.

Thanks so much for your comments. I do feel for 'Poppy' because I could really relate and it's interesting how one person in your life can give you second thoughts about your whole life in a 20 minute phone call. But then again, life goes on.

Oh, and the troublemakers didn't show up, at least yesterday. On my weekend, the director actually works too. I will say she is the hardest working library director. Even the previous director didn't work the weekend. But she is the type if their is a computer problem she fixes it.

Today, I work with our Trans co-worker. He has lost so much weight. He is actually Native American but looks Korean. He hadn't actually dieted but he's been in the hospital due to some illness which I'm not sure of, but is better now. I had worked with a co-worker who was female at the time, but was inspired that another co-worker became trans so after she left this library job made the transition. Occasionally, Tobey shows up. I won't deny it, but I miss Chelsea (Tobey before). Our original Trans co-worker finally got married. But no longer lives here.

Of course, everyone around me influences and inspires me.

All the best to your creativity!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love the skirt from Kohl's and the Katy Perry shoes! So funny because I never ever find any clothes at Kohl's that I like.Beatiful outfits!!

Samantha said...

You look so cute and tropical!!! I totally am digging the purple with red and yellow in the first outfit! The blue Hawaiian dress is so cool with those bell sleeves, too. You did a great job pattern-mixing to perfection, and your barrettes go so well with your outfits! I'm loving the fruit theme of your handbags, too. It all comes together in a harmonious Hawaiian vacation theme! Your Fabulous Felt Banana, Pear and Apple barrette definitely has me craving a red delicious apple now - and I agree, bobbing for apples sounds pretty nasty!!

Kathy Leonia said...

so amazing summer outfit;)

cat eyes & skinny jeans said...

I absolutely adore how bright and colorful your style is! The first look is my fave!

xx

Quiet and Sun by Alexa said...

I absolutely adore Your fashion sense. Looking at Your outfits is such a joy, especially that I dress completly different :)

Jewel Divas Style said...

I love the coloured wedges. I've been looking at some new sandals for summer but I'm not sure how high to go. And the pineapple bag rides again!