Sunday, April 17, 2022

On Hats and Hams: Easter Feaster

Eggs: Spritz, Target

Mint bangle: Decree, JCPenney; Turquoise and celery bangles: Burlington Coat Factory; Yellow bangles: B Fabulous; Lilac bangle: Don't Ask, Zulily; Bag: Current Mood, Dolls Kill; Purple bracelet: Etsy; Heart ring: Delia's; Flower ring: Seahorse Designs, Etsy; Necklace: The Tote Trove

Dress: B. Darlin, Macy's

Shoes: Chinese Laundry, Amazon

Top: So, Kohl's

Shoes: Jessica Simpson Collection, DSW

Necklace: Betsey Johnson, Gifted

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Amazon

Dress: B. Darlin, Macy's

Belt: Marshalls

Dress: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Bag: Amazon; Striped bangle: Miami accessories cart; Thin orange bangles: B Fabulous; Chunky orange bangle: Mixit, JCPenney; Ring: Old Navy; Barrettes: The Tote Trove

Green fascinator: Amazon; Pink fascinator: Gifted; Yellow fascinator: Modcloth

It's Easter, and that means another parade of hats and dresses.  Ensemble number two -- yes, you, blue! -- is the winner going to Easter dinner.  Mostly because it includes long sleeves.  (April or not, it's cold out there!).  Sorry, pink and yellow; better luck next year.    

Yes, Easter is unpredictable, and not just the weather.  I'll never forget the one when my mom gave my sister a Babe DVD before we sat down to our ham dinner.  My sister wasn't a vegetarian then, but she is now.  Coincidence?  I think not.  

Hopefully, no surprises lurk in your Easter basket.  

Happy Easter!  Happy spring!  Happy, happy everything!

That comes from the heart.  Also, Hallmark.  

7 comments:

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, what a delightful Easter post! & you gotta love BABE! Such fabulous shoes and head pieces, dresses and soooo much more! Hope you had a warm one. Chilly here too!

Thanks so much for your comments! Yes, Mona out of the Prairie! Stories going in so many directions!

Here's to special treats and lots of fun times!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh so marvelous! Such great Easter fashion! And I put a little pink in the ends of my hair. It's quite the understatement. Let's hope the boss doesn't notice. So many lovely florals!

The brunch here turned in to lunch and then we stayed late. It was full of picky eaters and too many deviled eggs, but still fun!

Hollyn'Stevie said...

My goodness you wear these Easter hats so beautifully! Such a great Easter parade! Love these dresses too!

Thanks for your comment. Oh, Carrie is a unique soul. Its amazing how this one model from SHEIN can create so many different characters from photoshoot to photo shoot. I hope they keep her around.

ellie said...

I so enjoyed your Easter story about Babe and the Ham ❤️❤️❤️ Such amazing Easter outfits, too!

Pretty darn cold here. It rained during the Easter Egg Hunt. Not gonna lie..it's time for a drink now!

Wishing you lots of fun with family and friends! Happy Easter!

Samantha said...

You're the Easter Queen!!! Your outfits are totally amazing - beyond amazing, in fact! There are no words for how awesome they are. I adore all three, and your fascinators for each are true winners that all take the cake! I'm enamored by the photo of your Easter accessories all together - it truly encapsulates the magic of Easter. The way you styled the carrot brooches on your yellow dress is so cute...aaaaagh!!! Cuteness overload in this post! I'm amazed by how creatively you style your photos, from the neon paper on your walls and floor to the way you posed your fascinators in the last photo. Finally, the story about the Babe DVD and the ham dinner...yikes!!! I'd be a vegetarian too after that! I hope you had a very happy Easter. :)

ellie said...

Will Brandon return Declan's affections? Is that why Izzy wasn't his type?haHahaHa❤️❤️❤️ Oh..I hope I didn't go off the deep end with Brandon and Declan, but I kept thinking..hmmmm Declan needs someone. And I had been watching this Chinese drama with a Chinese Canadian actor who is actually a ballet dancer. Although, he was just in the supporting cast..he had to actually be the sweetest character on the show. We will see where it leads..=)>>>>>>>>>>And I thought I would never get Chevy and Simon together.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

As soon as I saw your photo, I started singing- " In your Easter Bonnet with all the frills upon it- you are sure to be the prettiest girl in the Easter Parade"- OK I'm dating myself
- You blew me away with the Chinese Laundry shoes and Easter was always the beginning of the new spring fashion and you are setting the stage with all your great outfits. Loved your story about how your sister became a vegetarian..