Friday, June 3, 2022

Daisies and the Deep Blue Sea, the Pirate's Life is Not for Me

Top: Delia's, Dolls Kill

Fish Kitsch Necklace

Black and white bracelet: Mixit, JCPenney; Lime bracelet: Amrita Singh, Zulily; Bag: Mix No. 6, DSW; Purple bracelet: Etsy; Ring: Making Waves, Ocean City; Rainbow bracelet: So, Kohl's; Barrettes: So, Kohl's

Shoes: Ami Clubwear

Jeans: Arizona Jeans, JCPenney

Necklace: The Tote Trove; Bag: SHEIN; Rainbow bracelet: Zulily; Clip: SHEIN; Purple ring: Claire's; Blue bracelet: Cloud Nine, Ocean City; Dragonfly ring: Miami accessories cart

Top: Rebellious One, Macy's

Flip flops: Rocket Dog, Marshalls


Twee If By Sea Necklace

Dress: Rewind, Kohl's

Barrettes: SHEIN; Bag: Wild Fable, Target; Yellow and lime bangles: B Fabulous; Blue bangle: So, Kohl's; Coral bangle: Silver Lining, Ocean City


Shoes: Not Rated, Journeys

Today's outfits are all about daisies and sea life.  Because whether wedded to water or grown in the ground, both natural wonders bring the wow.  The fabrics are rooted in florals; the necklaces hang at the aquarium.  It's a real "Octopus's Garden" situation, only with fish and dolphins instead of octopi.  And landlubber flowers instead of seaweed.  

Still, my favorite item isn't anchored to any of it.  Because it's this pair of kind-of-'60s-kind-of-'90s, black and yellow plaid pants!  

Pants: Almost Famous, Macy's

Although not super low rise (no whale tails here), they were a super low price, just $6.96.  Unfortunately, they're also super long, swallowing my five-foot self even in four-inch heels.  Now, as you know, I'm no seamstress.  So I turned to my packing tape.  Not just for Tote Trove packages anymore, this very sticky adhesive did the trick, holding up my insta-cuffs -- at least until after the picture. 

That said, I'd rather deal with daisies and the deep blue sea than the devil.  Somehow I don't think that  packing tape would stand up to a peg leg.

10 comments:

The Book Group said...

So many pretty outfits! Love the yellow plaid pants! Such great necklaces to adore as well. Looking so radiant!

Cherry Blossoms said...

So fetching! Adoring those shoes! Amazing finds! Such great florals and shades too! Oh, you are truly inspiring!

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, I know a thing or two about pants that are too long. Yes, hemming them can be a pain. In some cases, I just cut it and leave it. It's amazing what tape can do. Such amazing outfits! Love the dress too.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thanks so much for the comments..oh, how can I forget Johnny Cash and Personal Jesus...such a strange cover. I hope you are having a great start of June. First day of the Farmer's Market here. But mainly just making cold brews of coffee here, then wishing..why didn't I just make iced tea instead. Oh, I really love those necklaces you have made too!

Caitlin&Megan said...

Such fantastic summer outifits. I love those plaid pants which I am sure is just amazing in the fall too! I hate hemming, but occasionally I do it. I was listening to co-workers talk about it. Hemming on the sewing machine. But I have used tape before..which is perfect for those last-minute options.

Adoring all these wonderful accessories that make each outfit pop with extra color! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Well, sometimes..make something happen in a story and then suddenly everyone has to get involved. Thanks so much for your comments. Wishing you a great June weekend!

ellie said...

So great to find your post this morning. You do have such a fantastic wardrobe. I would never expect you would have problems with pants, but I will confess pants are the hardest thing for me to find. And they always seem to be out of my size, too. Which makes me think of the day, the children's library assistant wore jogging pants on the first day to work..oh, the LOOK..you could see in the director's face, but honestly our children's assistant is the one who keeps the Summer Reading Program going from storytelling to being so organized. And now, I don't think they care what she wears.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Oh, I hope I am not too much of downer in all my blog stories. Although, I felt Joon's was important just as much as what Brandon has to put up with Declan...but first..oh...well..to be continued. All the best to lots of summer fun happening.

Samantha said...

Those pants are so cute!!!! I know what you mean about being short and wearing pants; it's originally why I started wearing skirts! Very creative idea to use the tape to hold 'em up - and they look so cute rolled up like that! The screen print tee is such a cute pairing with it. Your sea life-inspired necklaces are so fun! And the accessories/shoes shots are divine. The daisies and rainbow flip flops are a rad pairing, along with the checkered dress and bright accessories! It looks so cool. The yellow polka dot shoes are one of the coolest pairs of shoes I've ever seen! ("Peg leg"...LOL!!)

Mica said...

I've never thought of packing tape for a quick hem - what a clever idea, haha! They are awesome pants even if they are super long. The daisy outfit is my favourite though, I love the combination of the bag and printed top together!

Hope you had a good weekend. We had a fun but busy one!

Away From The Blue

Luda Tischenko said...

Amazing looking

bread&salt said...

Such a beautiful outfits! They are amazing and so colorful. Especially shoes (journeys) looks perfect.

camdandusler said...

You look great :) I'm following your blog...