Thursday, February 23, 2023

One Bright Sprite and the Three Stars of Rainbow: Night Skies, Equines, and Alt Rock

Sweatshirt: Forever 21;  Coat: Jou Jou, Macy's

Skirt: Tinseltown, Macy's; Bag: Betsey Johnson, Macy's

Paint Party Necklace; Black and white necklace: Mixit, JCPenney

Sweater: Gap; Coat: IZ Buyer, Kohl's; Bag: Betsey Johnson, Amazon; Boots: Betsey Johnson, Macy's

Pink Piano Barrettes

Yellow bangles: B Fabulous; Strawberry bangle: Delia's

Coat: Wild Fable, Target; Bag: Worthington, JCPenney; Shoes: Mix No. 6, DSW

Mystery Necklace: Ready, set, solve!

Jeans: Simply Vera, Kohl's; Tee: Modern Lux, Target

One bright sprite -- that's me.  Because if I can't be Rainbow -- Brite, that is -- then I might as well be her sidekick.  Or, you know, a citrus soft drink.  

Sadly, none of my actual sprites from the '80s survived (I wasn't always the dedicated hoarder that I am today), so all I have is this Hallmark Itty Bitty from the 2010s:  


Maybe I should ask the heavens -- and also, ironically, RB's steed Starlite -- to send some my way: 

"Star light, star bright/First star I see tonight/I wish I may, I wish I might/Have this wish I wish tonight."  

If that doesn't work, then I'll crank up the Muse.

5 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, so much delight! Love the colors. And your itzy bitzy too! SO ADORABLE! Such a great leopard jacket too! You really are rock'n this post! Well, its miserably cold here. We did have some ice earlier this week. Here's hoping it is going to get up to 40 tomorrow like they say. It's been a short week, but it still feels like a long one. Happy Last weekend in February❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️We have our local author's day at the library on Saturday!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, such great rainbow bags and more! Love all your finds and how you put them together! Such lovely outfits! I love your shoes too! Such brilliant necklaces! You do make winter a happy place! Just a heavy parka here and lots of layers!🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈Thanks for your comments. Of course, both of Mario's sisters may never be friends..and of course, he may never notice. But maybe they will bond and maybe Caitlin will wake up. Thanks again for being here and all your inspiration!

Samantha said...

Aghhhhhh, I love these looks!!! They are all so bright and beautiful, and shoutout to the cool pattern mixing! Your accessories perfectly complement your rockin' ensembles; the Palette Party Necklace is so much quirky fun! It has that quirky art teacher vibe. And the Mystery necklace pairs so nicely with your awesome pants! Lastly, the Hallmark Itty Bitty is adorable; you definitely could be her sidekick with your rainbow looks! πŸ’–πŸ’›πŸ’œ

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Really bold outfits. Yellow and hot pink are my too favorite colors and your outfits highlight both colors this week. Love it. the piano barrettes are adorable.

Jewel Divas Style said...

Naw, isn't she cute!

I never had one and I don't see them in op shops anymore, but I'm on the lookout. Maybe should just buy a new one like I did with my Care Bear.