Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Tan by Your Plan, Beige Against the Machine

Skirt: Bubblegum, Macy's


Bag: Betsey Johnson, Boscov's

Sweatshirt: Pretty Rebel, Macy's

Boots: Jessica Simpson, DSW

Skirt: Lily White, Kohl's

Bag and shoes: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Bow: SHEIN

Top: So, Kohl's


Boots: Penny Loves Kenny, Amazon

Sweater: Jessica Simpson, Amazon

Sometimes I buy clothes that are brown.  Or tan.  Or neutral.  I know, I know.  I'm cuckoo for color, not Cocoa Puffs, so what gives with the granola garb?   Maybe I want all the clothes.  Or maybe I just like a challenge.  The challenge being, how can I make this potato-sack-colored fabric more me (or at the very least, stop exhausting food metaphors)?  In one case, the answer was to craft a necklace from a shoe clip (I'm talking to you, Flair Change).  

Yes, the gilded, frilly doodad of a decorative accent at the center was supposed to snap onto a puzzle piece of a shoe designed for that purpose.  (If you're wondering how I came by such an item, it was a gift.)  Of course, I don't own the corresponding Cinderella slipper and have no way of getting it.  So I thought, why not string the clip, plus some fake coins, into some low-key-but-still-kooky neckwear?      

So I did.

Think of it as the grand marshal of this pale palette parade, Tammy Wynette and Rage Against the Machine fighting from the flashiest float.  

6 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, so amazing! Love the floral and stripe combo! Beautiful sweatshirt and pink booties too! How do you do it! Such cool necklaces! Hopefully, I can comment! Thanks so much for your comments. Oh, life is going on with Alfie & Zoey.πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

Caitlin&Megan said...

So fun! Great color. I so love the SUN and such great little touches! This is very fun and wonderful trends I hope to trend too! Thanks so much for your inspiration! Thanks for your comments too. Sometimes, spring just makes you do the giddiest of things..which might be Sammie's biggest problem.

Ivy's Closet said...

Love these looks! So delightful to see the floral and stripes together! Amazing bags and shoes. Awesome write-up. So wonderful to see that fabulous necklace. Yes, spring has definitely arrivedπŸ€πŸ’šπŸ€πŸ’šπŸŒˆ Thanks for your comments. Oh, that little story was like pulling strings from everywhere. Actually, occasionally, we do have a car that parks in front of hour house for hours on end. I went for thinking the best instead of the worst.

Samantha said...

Tammy Wynette and Rage Against the Machine - what a mental image that gives, LOL!!! πŸ˜„ And, your awesome coin necklace is so cool! The shoe snap-on makes for an eye-catching centerpiece, and the ancient-coins make it a real stunner. Having said that, your other necklaces are just as much stunners, too! The flowery sun sweatshirt is gorgeous; you definitely add your own flair to beige and make it your own! (Those pink plaid boots - LOVE!!!) Lastly, my favorite outfit is your yellow and stripes outfit! The yellow SHEIN bow really tops it off! πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

The Velvet Runway said...

Love this eye-catching necklace and the Jessica Simpson boots are fabulous!
Julia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

Jewel Divas Style said...

Yeehaw! to that horseshoe bag.