Monday, March 12, 2012

Clutch Reconstructed




Top: Wet Seal
Jeans: Vanilla Star, Target
Shoes: Diba, Burlington Coat Factory

I'm interrupting the headpiece parade to bring you this late-breaking story about how - and this is a nail-biter - I rescued my handbag.  I discovered the poor, defenseless red patent clutch smothered by a mountain of bullying brethren in my purse closet.  Errant accessories are an unfortunate but all too common side effect of cramped living quarters, and it's the rare piece that escapes unscathed.  This clutch was no exception and bore the unsightly black smudges to prove it.  Even so, I didn't cast it into the wilds of Goodwill.  I did what any mad crafter would do, breaking out my paint and rhinestones to transform it into a one-of-a-kind accessory.  Is it perfect?  Not even close.  Some of the rhinestones nestle awkwardly in the decorative creases, and the new design doesn't lend itself to obscuring all of the smudges.  But as is the case with survivors, its flaws only make it more uniquely appealing.  At least to me.  So, I think I'll keep it.  In a super secure safe haven of a storage space, of course, as opposed to in that jungle of a purse closet.

1 comment: