Thursday, March 1, 2012

Something New and Sparkly: Ring Around the Rosie, a Pendant Full of Posies . . .






Dress: Necessary Objects, Macy's
Tee: So, Kohl's
Shoes: MetroStyle
Bag: Loop, Marshalls
Belt: Wet Seal

. . . ashes, ashes, we all fall down.  How morbid is that nursery rhyme?  (But then, aren't they all?  You need only to check out an episode of ABC's "Once Upon a Time" to home in on the horror.)  As compelled as I was repelled, I sussed out a site called "Nursery Rhymes, Lyrics, and Origins!" and discovered that "Ring Around the Rosie" is about the 1665 bubonic plague.  The roses are really a rash, the posies are a half-cocked disease deterrent, and the ashes are - you guessed it - ashes.  Sobering stuff for a crafting post, I know.  Thankfully, this nifty necklace deals in high spirits instead of departed ones.  In making it, I put a new spin on my old corsage theme, centering the decorative accent and adorning it with trailing ribbons.  Now, that's a garden I can get behind.

No comments: