Sunday, January 9, 2022

Frosty Flakes and Mountainous Makes: Pass the Salt, Pretty Please

Dress: Vylette, Kohl's

Bag: Circus by Sam Edelman, Kohl's

This post isn't about diabetes-inducing cereal or porcelain god offerings.  It's about winter.  Sort of.  But not really.  What it's really about is this Chalet Getaway Barrette Brooch I made last Monday after we got twelve inches of snow:


Now, we all know that I loathe the cold.  Which means that I'm no fan of mountains, much less chalets.  But even I can't deny that there's something magical about a white winter scene.  (Hey, Frozen's not a goldmine for nothing.)  It's pristine, it's peaceful, and the ice crystals remind me of rhinestones.  And as long as I'm observing it all from the right side of a window, I'm into it.  Maybe that's why I busted out of my beige rut and bought some blue eyeshadow.  Because January is prime time for ice queen eyelids.  No ice required.

Eyeshadow: Revlon, Walgreens

That said, here I am on my snowy porch when that Monday storm was swirling full force (no eyeshadow show-and-tell yet; the package arrived yesterday):

Hat: Nine West, Boscov's

It was so brutal that as soon as the husband snapped this pic, I took myself -- and my tam-o'-shanter -- indoors, where I swapped my icicle suit for pajamas.

Then I promptly parked myself at a window, hot tea in hand, to watch the world from inside.   

9 comments:

Lovely said...

Such a lovely outfit and you look gorgeous!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

ellie said...

Wow! 12 inches of snow! I hope it's warmer now, but snow can bring the temps down. I love those blue boots but I wouldn't go to far in the snow in them. Very cool brooches too! Love the snow cap mountain scene! I hope you enjoy those dark blue eye shadows too! Just cold here. The temps aren't anywhere near like the forecast. A cold wind keeps coming from the north.

Friday, a friend had a sore throat, by the next day was in the emergency room and they found out it was Strep but by the next night it's now COVID.

Hope you two had a lovely Birthday weekend.

As always thanks so much for your comments! I so appreciate them. Wishing you a beautiful week in that winter wonderland!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Such a beautiful winter scene! So love your tam. Such great winter items!

I'm afraid I'm up to practically 3 cups of coffee as of late. I just can't help myself with all this cold. Hope you guys are sufficing this winter. I love the post!

I stayed in most of the weekend. I dread going in to work tonight. Funny, someone got in trouble at work for talking about someone's butt (the new guy) I was kind of shocked somebody had so much to stay about it. Oddly, I have had dreams about him doing surgery on books, but I didn't see his butt in my dreams.

Yes, it seems January and cold weather lead to strange dreams..hopefully, my stories won't be too strange.

Ivy's Closet said...

This is great! Even if it's bitter cold out. Hope you are staying well. Hope there aren't too many dangerous icicles, either. Love your creativity. Oh, FROZEN..I don't even want to see that movie.

Glad you are inside looking out at the winter. May those brooches be your best sellers!

Thanks so much for being here!

ellie said...

THANK YOU for all your comments. Oh, you will have to get your niece to sing to you some of those songs. I have two who love to sing all the songs from the show and are ready to perform at any moment. Of course, the older always has to correct the other so sometimes, they argue, but Oh well...

As for my stories..well, more COVID drama.

As for GONZO I didn't really want to have to write a fight scene. Actually, when I was babysitting once for this woman who was a nurse..some guy dropped in and he was big and scary looking .."I'll just wait for her in her bedroom." Of course, the kids were little and they didn't know him. We just went back to watching TV. Finally, they went to bed and as I passed by the bedroom door I could hear someone snoring like a bear which was a relief. I told her what happened and she didn't seem to care..but that night a blizzard happened and I didn't shut the door where I lived...like I should have and I woke up in the middle of the night instantly knowing someone was in the apartment. And there was..a black cat on the stairwell. I didn't babysit for her anymore, either.

all types recepies and desert said...

beautiful winter scene

Samantha said...

This is the best winter outfit post!!! The first outfit is so winter chic and fun with your gorgeous new brooch barrette! It looks like a winter wonderland. The iridescent purse reminds me of sun rays reflecting off ice. The bracelets are stunning too; love the unicorn! What a way to endure the dreaded winter temps with Frozen-esque eyeshadows and icy-cute outfits! The second outfit is absolutely adorable; you look like a figure skating ice queen! The beret is the perfect touch. Parking in front of a window indoors with a hot tea in hand is the perfect way to spend a winter's day. 😀 I imagine snow is so pretty to look at (we don't get snow here, so I find it fascinating!)

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love watching the snow fall and love the winter wonderland for about 15 minutes. We were in Philadelphia area for a week and had the snow while we were there. Love your boots and shades of blue outfit.

Jewel Divas Style said...

Wow that's a lot of white. Big snow storm?