Saturday, January 29, 2022

Animal Print Stint: A Very Merry Unbirthday to Me

Tights: Xhilaration, Target

As you know, I hit the big 4-Oh in the beginning of the month.  But the family party (okay, get-together, as there were a pod-approved nine of us) took place last weekend -- which gave me an excuse to celebrate all over again.  And if Alice and animal print don't say happy birthday month -- or merry unbirthday, to quote that wonderfully wacky Alice in Wonderland ditty -- then I don't know what does.

Socks, ? (they were a Christmas gift :) 

Skirt: Bubblegum, Macy's

Boots: Jessica Simpson Collection, Amazon

Sweater: Bar III, Macy's

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Macy's

My parents pulled out all the stops, decking their house with pink decorations.  It was the best bash I could've hoped for, with all of my favorite people.  At one point we were covered in streamers, but I decided not to post any pictures of that.  I respect the privacy of others, if not my own.  

Anyway, it's a good thing we partied down last weekend, because this is what it's like out today:

There's fifteen inches of the white stuff here at the Jersey shore.  As always, I took it in from inside my window.  And then promptly hit the couch to watch TV, this time the pilot of ABC's new vineyard-set drama, Promised Land.  It's good; I raise a glass to it.

Even if what's in my glass is cinnamon apple tea.

10 comments:

Samantha said...

What a fun bash you had!!! I love the pink floral decorations and the gold balloon. How awesome that you got a belated party for your 40th with all of your favorite people! I love your animal print theme; the first photo looks like you're in a magazine with the yellow highlight. The Alice socks are adorable, along with your sweater, shoes and bow purse! I've been seeing the news coverage about the storm hitting the East Coast - stay safe out there!! The snow pic is stunning (although you've got it right by enjoying staying cozy indoors with a TV show and cinnamon apple tea). :)

ellie said...

Oh, how sweet. I am glad you had the celebration when you did. Hope all is well at this hour. 15 inches! Yikes. I was wondering how much snow you guys got. It was warm enough today to finally get out to the park for a walk. People were ice fishing.

So love your outfits. Great colors! Such amazing shoes too! Wishing you lots of good reading and other binge-worthy stuff this weekend.

Ivy's Closet said...

Love the pink setting for the birthday bash. How wonderful. Such a great sweater too. Such lovely and fun accessories!

Hope you guys are doing OK in that snowstorm. So much snow! Oddly, this year it has snowed more south of us than I ever expected.

Thanks so much for your comments. I so enjoy them ❤

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, what a great month you've had! Hmm..maybe that sweater is "Year of the Tiger" ready! Such a beautiful pink celebration. So glad you guys could all get-together.

Hopefully, you guys can dig out of there OK. Stay warm and cozy! I know I have been enjoying my Celestial Apple tea as of late!

Thanks so much for being here. Thank you so much for your comments too!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Yes, I heard the Jersey shore got clobbered. Don't blame you for staying in and just observing from your window. I'm always attracted to Jessica Simpson shoes (boots) - I like her style. Cute outfits and happy 40th again.

Lovely said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday celebration! I guess animal prints never go out of style. You look fab!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I LOVE animal prints, and this one in red is to die for. I also love all sorts of socks, and these are adorable.

Kinga K. said...

Great skirt ❤

bread&salt said...

Beautiful outfit with a perfect Jessica Simpson boots! Boots really look great.

Jewel Divas Style said...

I wish I could hit the couch and watch tv or read books. Sadly, I have to actually write them. How boring!