Sunday, January 2, 2022

A Key West Christmas, Christmas isn't Over Until Mrs. Claus Sings, and Other Random Holiday Things

Sweater: Kohl's


The Christmas palm tree is finally ablaze!  And January 2 or not, I couldn't help but snap a pic next to it in last year's flamingo sweater.

My New Year's Eve ensemble was quieter.  Unless you count the uncorked pop of my champagne bottle purse.  (Speaking of which, there was a fizzy, noisy mess when the husband opened the sparkling cider.  Perhaps the grocery delivery people enjoyed a game of catch -- or just pulled a prank -- with it.)  To celebrate, my parents came over.  We had takeout, took in a Jim Gaffigan special, and then turned on New Year's Rockin' Eve to watch the ball drop.  Also, there were hats.  

Sweater: Macy's

Go for the Golden Girl Necklace

As for my old Go for the Golden Girl Necklace, I'd planned to wear it even before I heard about Betty White's passing.  Which turned out to be weird but fitting.

And that, dear readers, is a wrap on the holiday season.  

At least until the carnival-level revelry of Groundhog Day.  

10 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, I love the Golden Girl necklace so much! That's a great palm tree too. So glad you guys could have your parents over. It's super cold here like 6 but it feels definitely a negative 6 out there! Just a lazy weekend indeed! I am so dreading tonight at the library. I hate getting back to work. For some strange reason, we were closed all weekend. Which was OK with me. It's funny how January can bring us a blast of snow. Well..not that funny.

Thanks for your comments. Oddly, bring back a character and add three more. I know I'm not sure where my logic comes from. But then I have been watching lots of Chinese dramas lately. And all this COVID around has made me rethink stories too.

Hope your new start of the year is full of good memories. All the best to great reads and your creativity!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Such a fabulous palm tree! So glad you got that to work out. Amazing champagne bag too..Somehow Swift's Champagne Problems come to mind. hahahaha..

So glad you had such a great gathering for New Year's too. Hope you are staying well and the Apple Cider got drunk! Without getting drunk! I am so adoring the necklace too!

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad I held out for Bren..=) Still, lots of COVID spikes here. Hopefully, I can get through that. In my stories and in life too. Of course, some stories might take a turn.


A

Caitlin&Megan said...

All a sudden my cursor went wacky and it was deleting things out of nowhere.

Anyway, wishing you a delightful new year. All the best to your blogging and your wonderful art too!

Ivy's Closet said...

What a beautiful post for the new year! Love the Palm tree! Adoring these outfits too. Sounds like a marvelous time!

Here's to staying warm and cozy and getting in more good reads! Stay the beautiful you! May 2022 bring you lots of wonderful things and more!

Ivy's Closet said...

P.S...thanks for your comment about the 'cast of friends' with Alfie & Steve. I just couldn't help myself. OH, Jenga is so popular in Asian dramas.... as of late. People seem to be customizing them too..from color to little written messages and questions.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your palm tree and flamingo theme would fit right in here in Florida and look darn good!! Glad you enjoyed your New Year's Ever with your parents. We had a quiet one too with a few friends. From our 15th floor balcony we could see the sky ablaze with fireworks from multiple near by little towns.

bread&salt said...

My God! "Golden Girl Necklace" looks great and elegance. İ loved it. Happy new year to you Dear friend! Hope 2022 brings happiness, health and profit to you and your family.

Sakuranko said...

Oh very cute photos
Happy New year 2022

Samantha said...

Ahhh, the Christmas palm tree!!! It pairs so well with your flamingo sweater! If I envisioned a Palm Springs-esque Christmas, this would be it. Super fitting with your pink palm tree barrette, too! The second outfit is also super cool because you literally resemble sparkling champagne! How clever!! The Golden Girl necklace is striking, and as you mentioned, coincidentally fitting for the current Betty White event. Great outfits to wrap up the holiday season!! :)

Jewel Divas Style said...

Want.The.Palm.Tree.....