Monday, February 21, 2022

Head of State, Heavy Pate: Hats and Unicorn Horns

Sweater: Mocloth

Bag: Amazon; Bows: The Tote Trove; Ring: Express;  Necklace and collage bracelet: Betsey Johnson, Macy's; Purple bracelet: Etsy

Hat: JCPenny

Pink Prism Necklace

Skirt: Trixxi, Kohl's

Bag: Candie's, Kohl's' Charm: Betsey Johnson for Trolls, Macy's

Top: Bar III, Macy's

Hat: Betsey Johnson, Macy's

Stockings: Mixit, JCPenney

Pink Power Necklace

Shoes: Kelly & Katie, DSW

Hats off to Presidents' Day!  Even if I'm wearing a fedora and beanie instead of Washington's tri-cornered lid and Lincoln's top hat.  Of course, the most magical cranial accoutrement of all is the unicorn horn.  If only the leaders of our great nation had had one of those.  Imagine the presidential portraits.  Not to mention the jealous royals.  But I'm a ruler with a crown and a castle!  Shouldn't I get first dibs on anything sparkly?   

No doubt about it, a unicorn horn is impressive.

Luckily, I'm no politician.  Which means that the only person I need to impress is myself.  


So, come 2024, vote unicorn.  Because everyone deserves a fairy tale ending.  

And a chic, sharp way to skewer the haters.

8 comments:

ellie said...

I love the Unicorn sweater! So many pretty things! Awesome hat and beanie too.

Oh, we are back to a winter state. I'm afraid. So going with the sweaters and more layers here. Brrrr. I love the ending to this post too. Great stuff!

Thanks for the comments too. I feel Mick's sister just doesn't want to rush into anything too quickly while Mick has his own wavelength. Thanks for rooting for Chevy and Simon!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Such fun outfit! I love the sweaters and the tops and the wonderful skirts..oh, and those shoes. You find some classics! Your post made me smile. Love how you put these together. Wonderful eye-candy brooches too.

Oh..is it Tuesday already? Back to the library.

Thanks for the comments. It is interesting to bring in characters where their warning is "You just don't understand me" kind of attitude. And of course, you are left..why are they like that? And of course, that's Andie. Naturally, I felt I needed to move things on with Caitlin, although, she might be the biggest procrastinator of all.

Ivy's Closet said...

I love seeing what you wear! Such cozy tops! And I love that Unicorn sweater❤️. You have so many treasures! Love those little accessories too! So many goodies in this post. And of course, I love that "fairy tale" ending!

GO YOU!

Well..yes, I do try to find inspiration everywhere, some from the past some from the present and of course just mixing it up. Of course, it always helps to make a great set and then write a story from it, too!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

P.s...Funny you mentioned Forensics! In high school that's what they called the speech competitions. Oh..and it's been hard finding any pic of ROMAN anymore...dang.

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

You have such a beautiful sweaters and I like how you style them. You accesorize are such a statement pieces.

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

Samantha said...

I agree - vote unicorn!!! Unicorn horns in presidential portraits would've been epic. And speaking of epic, your outfits absolutely are! That unicorn sweater is beautiful and I absolutely love the colors together. The shot of your cupcake purse and accessories is gorgeous, as well! The fedora looks super cool with that beautiful purple and blue top. I absolutely adore your new necklaces - that big jewel on the Pink Power Necklace is amazing! Lastly, I love the pink and purple ensemble with your jewel shoes (and the beanie!). It looks so magical!!!

Jewel Divas Style said...

White boots and a cupcake bag... Unicorns are awesome too.