Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Swan Con: Romance on the Pun

Dress: Modcloth; Top: Candie's, Kohl's

Red Hot Candy Necklace


Top: Bisou Bisou, JCPenney


Top: Candie's, Kohl's

Candy Chrysalis Necklace

Black Swan Barrette Brooch

It's finally February, and you know what that means.  No, I'm not talking about that perennially pessimistic, Pennsylvanian, shadow-spying rodent.  I'm talking about Valentine's Day, that magical time when love isn't only in the air, but the hair.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I heart the hearts and flowers aesthetic.  That's why I ripped into the proverbial box of chocolates early to make a couple of candy necklaces and a pair of barrette brooches featuring those most OG of lovebirds: swans 

Swans are so beautiful, it's no wonder they drop their feathers everywhere.  There are swan boats, swan songs, and swan-like necks.  There's Black Swan and Swan Lake and Bella Swan.  There are Swanson frozen dinners (cue Jimmy Fallon's "Idiot Boyfriend": "I've got a Swanson's dinner in the freezer, with your name on it."), Ron Swanson, and even the swan on the Schwan frozen food truck.  There are graceful swans and swans that'll peck your eyes out.  And, then of course, there's the romantic ideal that swans  -- and only swans -- mate for life.  

What other avian could a Hallmark junkie want?

Don't say doves.  I don't care how many weddings you've been to where they've been released.  Doves are for peace treaties.  And Prince.  And anyway, they lack swans' drama.  

Because if you're not in danger of losing an eye, then you might as well stay in Punxsutawney.  

12 comments:

ellie said...

Such an amazing swan brooch! So love your Romantic month creativity! Looks fabulous! And the necklaces look amazing too! Such romantic tops, as well.

Loved this post! Hope you are doing well. We missed the snow..just barely, but it's so cold! Not sure how romantic Valentine's day will get other than bundling up. Although sunshine is in the forecast.

Oh, how I've forgotten Black Swan and even Bella. Thanks so much..=)

You look amazing ❤

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Adoring the SWAN! These are so sweet! So romantic! Super cute as well! Love your great commentary! This was a fun post to find today.

Oh, hopefully, I will be moving on to happier things in my February tales. Yes, such a romantic month indeed!

I hope you guys are doing OK with so much snow. Hope you are staying well.

Happy February!

Ivy's Closet said...

Fabulous Post! You really rock these brooches! Love these! Thanks for the Swan and Swanson segment too!

I watched the Betty White Special that was on Monday night and thought of you. Man, that woman was not afraid of animals. They showed her with tigers and lions, rubbing her cheek against theirs. Even a gorilla! Wow, I don't even get that close to my friend's cat.

Wishing you a romantic month of all sorts of creativity! Thanks so much for reading my bits and I love your comments too!

Samantha said...

Holy wow, these are some amazingly awesome Valentine's Day creations you've made!!! I think this series of swans are my absolute favorites. There is something so striking about the silhouette of the swan and the hearts surrounding it. And they look amazing in your hair! I'm loving the Valentine's Day vibes of your blouses and the lip-print top and pink heart sweater. The black necklace is so striking against it! Your other necklaces are super pretty with the candy vibes. You said it best: " I heart the hearts and flowers aesthetic." That's what I love about Valentine's Day, too!!!

https://numerodosfamosos.com.br/naiara-azevedo-altura/ said...

Acabei de ler seu post e achei interessante comentar, belo post.
Naiara Azevedo Altura

ellie said...

Thank you so much for your comments. Oh, it looks like you are having a Fab February! All the best with the SWAN motif!

Yes, it seems some are very unlikely to ever have a wedding. While some dive in right away. Although, I have one friend who has been planning a wedding for like 2 years but COVID has not helped. It's very on again off again for her. As well as her diet. & of course, more to come with Lynsey and Charles..and let's not forget forgetful Lindy...=)

P.s..I have noticed I have quite a few L characters.

P.s.s..so cold here I don't even want to go anywhere.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Thanks so much for reading and I'm glad Bea and Frankie are together to..I couldn't believe I accidentally saw the Bea faceclaim on Amazon as a bra model..hmmm..she does get around. Although, I don't see her as much on Forever 21. Naturally, I finally found some wardrobe I would love to see a fellow in at SHEIN.

I have to admit all this Valentines stuff is inspiring...although, I'm not sure how romantic my stories are.

All the best to Swans and sweethearts ❤

all types recepies and desert said...

Beautiful candy necklace

bread&salt said...

What a beautiful red hot candy necklace! Looks so cute, so nice. I loved. Ans absolutely yes swans are always beautiful and elegance. Here we mostly see white swans not black ones. Have a wonderful Sunday.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Such interesting insight into the month of February. I kind of forgot about the ground hog and think more about Valentine's Day (although Ground Hog Day is one of my favorite movies and my husband I must have watched at least 10 times - whenever we are in the mood for a feel good movie. Funny that I never associated Swanson dinners with swans- a beautiful thought. For me Valentine's Day is about flowers or maybe even jewelry. Love your dress and top? with the clear sheer look. Love the lips too.

Mica said...

The swan brooches are lovely and I like your reasoning for making them! :) we don't really celebrate Valentine's day in Australia but I do think swans are so beautiful and elegant :)

Hope that you had a fun weekend :) We had a good one, last one of the summer school holidays!

Away From The Blue

Jewel Divas Style said...

Love the necklaces.